Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting failed from orange/EE

Addis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. I bought a new phone for my wife's birthday.

We got a PAC from orange the day before her birthday and requested the port on her birthday, 23rd Feb.

It was due to port on Friday 24th.

On the Friday the orange phone stopped receiving calls and texts but could still make outgoing calls. The port never completed.

O2 said they would sort it on Saturday, even though it's the weekend.

Saturday morning the sim registration failed on the orange phone. But still no connection on o2.

Ringing the number just gets a message stating the number is invalid!

Now it's mid afternoon and still no joy.

What's going on?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's a good chance as yours in progress already.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9992 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
In fairness EEBT have been having issues with porting numbers across to all over MNO's for a while now and I'm not surprised these issues haven't been fixed by them... This has also been causing issues with all the MVNO's that are hosted by EEBT Inc Virgin Mobile
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly  I called 0800 032 1402 I am not paying for what turned out to be over an hour on the phone. You'll have to fight through lots of directed calls menus "press 2 for this" but make sure you get to talk to a human don't let them "sorry I didn't recognise that hang up". 

Ask for Customer Services :- if you get the Indian one you're screwed they haven't got a scooby doo - eventually I got a young man with a northern English accent who was really good. 

I still have to wait until Tuesday now but I've wasted a whole day to get this far - request from EE was made Thursday ... I got a text from O2 saying all will be done by 6pm Friday 24th Feb 2017 ... needless to say it wasn't and would accept calls in but nothing voice/text/data outward bound. 

What have I done changing to O2 ? - don't forget you can fill out their facebook and twitter with lots of your discontent  I have and I am still doing so. 

Who ever that man was on Customer Services .. thank you 

Message 13 of 16

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No amount of filling facebook or twitter with comments is going to fix the issue any quicker.
I can appreciate the inconvenience but a little patience is required until it gets fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 16

Addis
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well it's Sunday.

The promise of completion by midnight last night didn't happen!

I tried the live chat this morning, their computer systems are down so thery can't check my account, they suggest trying this afternoon.

Expecting another empty promise!

I just wish that, if they knew it wasn't going to happen over the weekend, they would have just told me rather than stringing me along!

I'll see what they've got to say later on.

Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Porting rarely happens over the weekend. You may need to wait till tomorrow @Addis

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16