cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to share my poor service with you all. I will keep this brief.

My "24 month contract" is not actually a 24 month contract, its "we will keep charging you until 30 days after you cancel" contract. I expect a 24 month contract to ... end after 24 month perhaps?
Customer service is poor, the first agent "Jeremy" could barely string two sentances together, and did not understand the concept of a happy customer, and it had to be escalated to "John." Despite being a "supervisor" John could not solve my issue or provide me an explanation, yet came up with the same patronising comments time after time, and so here we are. Perhaps the Ombudsman, Facebook or other social media will attract O2's attention.

Extract:

richard: at 20:59:43
so, please refund this months bill, and cease charging me
richard: at 20:59:50
the contract has expired
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
It was lovely chatting with you slight_smile <-- ?????
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
Is there anything else I can help you with? <-- ?????
richard: at 21:01:29
please let me speak to your supervisor

I will not be recommending my friends or colleagues to use O2 in the future and I will actively seek reimbursment for the months charged after my contract ended which I did not verbally or in writing, agree to.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly it is all in the original t&c you signed.

this key phrase

2. Your Minimum Period – Your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement has a minimum contract term called a minimum period. After that minimum period, you can end the Agreement by giving us 30 days’ notice. If you want to end the Agreement during the minimum period then you will have to pay a fee of no more than your monthly charges multiplied by the number of months left in your minimum period. Details of how we calculate the fee are on our Website. Details about the minimum period are in paragraph 8 of the Agreement.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/previous-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement-(april2011-april...)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I am aware no mobile phone company ceases provoding services at the end of the 24 months minimum period - I definitely wouldn't want the hassle of having to sort something out before I was cut off!  It's down to the individual to give notice if they decide they no longer want the service.

Message 3 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I am aware of that, however this is not clear to the customer, and I accept the T&Cs, however after reasonable request and proof of inactivity, a cease should be made on the line and monies refunded if this was overlooked in error. I did not explicitly ask for the contract to exceed 24 months, either. I feel this is unreasonable, and I was not explained this by customer support via chat, in fact the chat was poor, innacurate, patronising and very slow. 

Message 4 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

I guess you would have preferred to have your service cut off and to have lost your number on the day your contract expired. Why is it O2's responsibility if you overlooked the T & C's? Should they have called you and read them out to you? 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Traceyjs1975 this may be convenient for you, but not for the other thousands of customers that wish to pursue other contracts, and expect a contract to end after X term.

Message 6 of 34

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

ring 202 and give the required 30 days or you will just keep getting billed or write to o2 here

Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Until you cancel they will just keep billing you how many months has this gone on for?

19 Notices 19.1 If you want to end the Agreement for any of the reasons described in paragraph 8.2 or 8.4, you must call customer service and give us 30 days’ notice (“Notice”).

19.2 Any other type of notice related to this Agreement must be in writing and delivered by email, by hand or sent by pre-paid post, to us at the address on your bill, or to you at the most recent address you’ve given us.

19.3 References in this Agreement to “in writing“ include email and notices to us must be delivered through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website, or to you at the most recent email address you’ve given us. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number when sending notice through the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Website.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23532 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

Go complain to the Ombudsman. Here is the amount of satisfaction you will get. 0

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Traceyjs1975 this may be convenient for you, but not for the other thousands of customers that wish to pursue other contracts, and expect a contract to end after X term.

I'm sure it's convenient for the majority of people!

The Ts & Cs clearly state that you are signing up for a minimum term so I don't see how you can blame O2 if you didn't give them notice that you wanted to cancel your contract!

Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can quite easily blame O2 for poor customer service, and making it harder for a percentage (thousands? tens of thousands?) of people to allow their 24 month contracts to expire. I for one do not want to spend (another) 45 minutes - 1 hour on the phone (and be billed for the privilege) just to cancel a contract that should have only run TO THE ADVERTISED TERM. I also dont expect after reasonable request to be a) patronised b) have my issue ignored.

Furthermore I am sure O2 benefit immensely from the extra profit gleaned from people who forget to cancel their contracts. I wish I had time to read in detail all the terms and conditions but it is not unreasonable to expect a contract of X length to end after said length.

Had roles have been reversed I would have happily and politely obliged the customer, seeing that he has used 0 minutes of his contract after the end of contract date, and refunded his money due to being an honest mistake. I also would have expected to retain his custom after this. 

So thank you to customer support, because now you have cemented my prerogative to no longer use your services, and recommend to my friends, family and colleagues they do the same.

Message 10 of 34