cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to share my poor service with you all. I will keep this brief.

My "24 month contract" is not actually a 24 month contract, its "we will keep charging you until 30 days after you cancel" contract. I expect a 24 month contract to ... end after 24 month perhaps?
Customer service is poor, the first agent "Jeremy" could barely string two sentances together, and did not understand the concept of a happy customer, and it had to be escalated to "John." Despite being a "supervisor" John could not solve my issue or provide me an explanation, yet came up with the same patronising comments time after time, and so here we are. Perhaps the Ombudsman, Facebook or other social media will attract O2's attention.

Extract:

richard: at 20:59:43
so, please refund this months bill, and cease charging me
richard: at 20:59:50
the contract has expired
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
It was lovely chatting with you slight_smile <-- ?????
Jeremy: at 21:01:13
Is there anything else I can help you with? <-- ?????
richard: at 21:01:29
please let me speak to your supervisor

I will not be recommending my friends or colleagues to use O2 in the future and I will actively seek reimbursment for the months charged after my contract ended which I did not verbally or in writing, agree to.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

No, you are missing the point. In fact, not having my contract terminate on the actual end date worked to my advantage. I have a one month rolling contract that still has unlimited web. Something that O2 don't offer any more. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 31 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have made my arguements clear.

I thank you all for your input and opinions but had O2 gracefully offered me a refund for the one month unused (0 minutes/data used) that had passed the cut off and accepted my opinion that minimum terms are not clearly advertised I would have happily used them in future. The fact is this did not happen. After 24 months it is easy to forget to renew, and no concerted effort was made to notify me, and the support was poor, bordering on rude.

I will be taking this up with O2 directly and will update this thread on response (if appropriate and not locked.)

Thank you.

Message 32 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23994 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Your argument is clear, but it's wrong. The onus is not on O2 to notify you that your contract is expiring. It's on you. For some odd reason, you fail to grasp this concept.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 33 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I thank you all for your input and opinions but had O2 gracefully offered me a refund for the one month unused (0 minutes/data used) that had passed the cut off and accepted my opinion that minimum terms are not clearly advertised I would have happily used them in future.

You're welcome and the Terms and Conditions are at the bottom of every page on this site, therefore not hard to find.

The forum has also been here for many years and exists to help you understand the things you don't.

O2 don't owe you anything!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 34 of 34