Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Annoyed2much
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The end of day thirteen and despite Two emails and Two telephone calls, no further forward. After today's telephone conversation I have to inform you your customer services dept. is not fit for purpose as it does not serve the customer but is only there as a buffer to fend off problems. I was informed today that despite customer services being unable to resolve the issue there are apparently no other numbers in the whole of 02 (A telecommunications company) that a customer can contact for information other than hear but as I have never had a response from any previous emails no-one appears to be reading these. What are customers supposed to do? To summarize. Changed contracts from EE to 02 and was told the number would be ported seamlessly. Gave PAC Code (13th Feb) 15th Feb - EE sim stopped working, put in 02 sim (temporary number and contacted 02 - was reported to back office. Was told it would be ported by end of the day. 16th Feb - Contacted 02, was told it would report it to back office and it would definitely be carried out by Monday. 18th Feb - Contacted 02, was told it had been upgraded to urgent and reported to back office and would take 4 days. 22nd Feb - Contacted 02, was told they would report it to the back office and it would take 4 days. 26th Feb - Contacted 02, was told they could only report it to the back office, would take 3-5 Days. Customer services cannot contact back office other reporting via email. I cannot contact anyone at 02 to help or advise. During the whole process I have only been contacted by 02 once to ask for the PAC Code I had already given and to be told it was an internal IT problem that only the back office can rectify. I asked to leave and go back to EE but was told I could do this once the back office sorts out the problem. Does anyone know of a way out of this maze.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@EmilieT may be able to help tomorrow. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Annoyed2much We are all customers here. If the community admin cannot help you, you can lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain We also have been given to understand that the Resolver link within the link I've given you is very useful: https://www.resolver.co.uk/freeadvice/companies/o2-complaints/services?odm=300_1_1&utm_source=O2&utm...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Annoyed2much , and sorry to hear you've had some difficulties getting this resolved. I' gladly get someone on my end to look into it, I'll just need a few details first so I'll send you a Private Message shortly!

Thanks for the mention @MI5 , and welcome to the forum @Annoyed2much  Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Annoyed2much 

For info, when you look for any messages, scroll to the top of the page (right hand side) until you see this

messages.GIF

Click on the part I've highlighted and that will take you to private messages. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Annoyed2much
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Called customer serviesn this morning, guess what, said they would report it and would take 3 - 5 days.

Mananged to speak to supervoiser (I think) who promised me he would personaly look into it. Been told that before so do not hold out much hope but there seems to be no alternative at o2.

Message 6 of 8

Annoyed2much
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At last I have my number back. Eventually, through emailing the CEO, a response from someone willing to listen. Once Margaret took over the case it was resolved within 24 hours. She was polite, effecient and effective.

o2, please replace customer services with a team of Margarets.

Message 7 of 8

Annoyed2much
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankfully, with the assistance of Margaret, I have access to my original number. Once in touch with Margaret, who was polite, helpful and efficient, the problem was resolved within 24 hours. The issue is, however, is I had to track down and email the CEO contact details and chase the problem. Despite numerous telephone calls and emails to customer services, no-one flagged the issue as an unusual case, and I think if I had not taken action myself, I would be still going round in circles at customer services. If there was a system in place to automatically upgrade a problem to a higher level after several failed attempts. I can assure it was not a pleasant experience for myself, I very rarely lose my temper but was driven to distraction at the hands of your customer services dept. Please ensure staff are honest with customers. I was told different stories by different call handlers. Promised one Saturday that they would personally telephone the back office to transfer. Another then told me the back office cannot be contacted other than by email and don't work Saturdays. Was told so many different excuses and reasons over the 13 day period that I developed a mistrust of your organization. Follow up on promises. If a customer is told that the will be personally helped and kept in touch, that this is followed up. I was promised "faithfully" that I would be contacted by text, call or email on 5 separate occasions but never received any communications. Follow up on notes. Every call handler I spoke to went through the same procedure even though I said it had not worked previously. It was only after being prompted that they looked at the notes on previous calls. (Not that it made any difference as I was told there was nothing else they could do other than report the matter to the back room) But at least I would not have to go through the same history on every call. I am sure it is not a pleasant experience for your staff either, as if I can be driven to lose my temper, I dread to think what they have to put up with on a daily basis but with a more structured escalating scale of solving problems would lead to a much more pleasant experience. Customer services is the first point of contact for your customers and an unpleasant experience here reflects on your whole company. Despite having been without my main business number for nearly 2 weeks, with 90% of my work coming via a number I have advertised for nearly 15 years and losing approx £1500.00, I do realize it was an unusual occurrence but feel it could have been solved much more quickly if the above points are addressed and thanks again to Margaret who helped to restore a little faith in o2.
Message 8 of 8