cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note that I will bring the account up to date with payment on the 29/10.

As you are aware following an online chat with your customer services, I have witheld paynent due to several premium text message charges that I do not agree with as this phone is my 13 year old daughters. Neither yourself or the owners of the premium text service seem unwilling to help or contact me which I am really annoyed about. When joining o2 I expected more but clearly I am mistaken. I will know better when the contract is up for renewal. 

Please check you customer service logs before threatening me financially next time.  I will pay amount outstanding but will be seeking legal and media advice about being ripped off with premium text messages on a 13 year olds phone that you don't give a damn about.

Thanks for absolutely nothing. 

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Your not addressing o2 here. We are all customers like yourself.
Help here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Your not addressing o2 here. We are all customers like yourself.
Help here
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premiu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Ps. I can guarantee you will get an unpaid marker and get cut off if you don't pay.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Please be aware this is a customer to customer forum so no-one from O2 will see your post here

Information on premium services here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/m-p/968023/highlight/true#M112290

I see this phone belongs to your 13 year old daughter. Is it on contract under your name?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cleoriff

Phone is on contract under my name yes.  Text messages are from 66299.  Online O2 chat gave me a phone number to ring to get text charges credited back and that they were open between 10am and 6pm.  I've rang every day for 5 days straight between these times and get the "no one is available at the moment please leave a message and someone will get back to you within 2 working days" but no one ever has.

Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23159 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anonymous I don't know what number you were given, but you need to speak to customer service who are open from 8 am to 9 pm. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous The number shown is from a company called quiztronics. Your daughter may have inadvertently clicked on something and signed up for the site. If you follow the guidelines shown in my first post it will give you the details of phonepayplus and you can report it to them. The onus is on you to contact the company and ask for a refund 

http://www.unknownphone.com/search.php?num=66299

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks, thanks for the replies, really helping me out here and great advice that I will take.

Sorry, the customer service number was the one O2 told me to ring regarding the premium text messages, number is 03333137900 but they just dont answer or reply to messages I leave despite like I say ringing every day for last 5 days.  Like anyone, I really hate being ripped off and that no one with the authority seems to want to stop it happening.

Thanks again folks, I will take your help on board and see if I can get it sorted.  I still think O2 needs to be more understanding with these issues though and give us time to sort it out before sending threatening emails, especially since I did contact them as soon as I got my bill and explained the situation that I needed to sort it before I pay the bill so no more charges went onto my account.  Never once did they mention that I could bar premium numbers from my account.

Message 8 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi again @Anonymous I really do understand your concerns. Unfortunately there are many many people who sign up to these sites willingly. This is a learning curve for everyone really. At least your daughter wont be tempted to click on an random links now. There are so many temptations to do this sadly. Follow the advice in the link I gave initially and I really hope you get it sorted....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This sounds like a scam on Facebook to be honest, just clicking on a trivia link on any social media site is enough. 

Try the contact details here as this company has only just started operating under this name. 

Check a Number - Result

PhonepayPlus has the following information about shortcode number:

66299, Keyword - AAE

Customer care number:0330 332 6254
Customer care email:support.uk@triviawinner.mobi
Customer care website:http://uk.triviawinner.mobi/help
Search result provided by:Submit Media BV
Service connected on:11 October 2016
Service terminated on:This service is still operating
Name of service:Trivia Winner
Type of service:Competition - non-scratchcard
Service description:Trivia Winners offers a quiz service with a chance to win a prize. The services runs on a shared shortcode, 66299, that is used by other companies as well.
How much does this service cost?£ 4.50 including VAT a week, this service is billed through a SHARED shortcode, which is used by other companies as well
Message 10 of 16