cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please: DO NOT choose o2 as your provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since day 1, o2 have not offered me a service. I signed up to o2 in October 2015 on a 4G contract for 24 months.

Within the first couple of days, I noticed that I was consistently getting "No Service" at home. I could turn "Airplane Mode" off and back on again to receive connection for another 10 minutes or so. I went straight back into the store in my "14 day Cooling off Period".

I was told (which was CLEARLY a lie) that a mast is down in my town, and engineers are "working hard to fix it". Well, 12 months on and nothings changed.

A couple of days ago, I lost quite an important bit of business for me, as I couldn't take the call due to "no service", and someone else subsequently won the business.

I went into my local o2 shop to which the advisor in store lives in the same town as me and agreed the "Service is shocking". However, he wen't on to explain that he "can't help you because your not actually an o2 customer". HOW ON EARTH CAN I NOT BE AN O2 CUSTOMER, IM SURE IF I DIDNT PAY MY BILL, YOU'D BE STRAIGHT ONTO ME.

I mean, I pay o2 £40 per month and yet im "not an o2 customer"? SERIOUSLY?

They told me to go next door, into Carphone Warehouse". So I did, they told me never to go into the o2 store, as they're useless and "will do anything they can not to help you".

I've been repeatedly told to use the "TuGo" app, which, for me isn't a solution. Telling someone to use a "VOIP" app (Voice Over IP) isn't a solution to network problems. You're just removing them from your network entirely and therefor shunting all responsibility away from yourselfs (as usual).

I have been back and forth with o2 since day 1, trying to resolve this. They WILL NOT HELP ME. I just get passed from Customer Services -> Network Team -> o2 Guru -> Customer Services -> Network Team ->So on and so forth.

I don't understand how in 2016, o2 can't even provide a stable connection. Nor can they offer 2g data network, when others in my household on EE get full 4G connections all of the time. I CAN'T EVEN GET A VOICE CONNECTION. (NO SERVICE!!)

o2 have essentially now told me, my only option is to pay o2 £245 to cancel my contract.

WHY AM I LIABLE FOR A £245 CHARGE WHEN YOUR NOT PROVIDING ME A SERVICE.

The  contract works both ways, my responsibility is to pay the bill, on time each month. o2 responsibility is to provide me a network, with as many minutes, GB of data and texts as agreed when signing.

In my opinion, the contract is void as O2 aren't fulfilling their agreement.

o2 refuse to help and half the time claim I'm not even an o2 Customer. So now, I either stick with a contract that doesn't work where I live. Or pay £245 to o2 because they can't provide me a service.

Absolutely shocked at the level of service and the customer service received from o2.

How on earth you can claim "Best in customer Service" I don't know.

Again, PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE o2 as your provider. They've been loosing market share slowly over the last few years and are now the smallest of network providers. This shows, as their equipment is clearly well out of date and cannot keep up with demand. 

I wouldn't be suprised if in a couple of years, o2 sell out (no doubt to EE) and no longer operate independantly as they're completely shocking.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Just a point of fact but you keep referring to "your" network.
You are talking to other o2 customers here, not o2 so it isn't "our" network at all.
Also, if as you say you took the contract with CPW you are a customer of both, as I already stated.
You are buying the phone from CPW and the airtime from o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 31

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

So have you followed the advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-e... then if no fault  is shown for the mast esclate it,

Remembering that coverage indoor is affected by many things. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-m...

@Anonymous you only quoted customer numbers in your first post which Is what I was refering to

You have to remember that like you we are all customers here trying to point you in the correct direction.

But you are a CPW Customer on the o2 network and as such any contractual issue should be between you and cpw network related issues yes are down to o2 .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had similar issues and after complaining, O2 ended my contract without penalty.

Essentially, network outages occur all the time and cannot be helped BUT in O2's T's & C's, it states "we will provide you with a reasonable level of service".This is quite vague so is open to interpretation however I informed O2 I would take them to Small Claims as they are in breach of their contract and they eventually agreed to end my contract.

Best of luck

Message 13 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I do apologise to those who are customers trying to help me. As I'm sure you can understand this is extremely annoying and I'm getting no where.

I've opened a resolver case, based on your advice, of which I'm VERY grateful.

I also understand about CPW and O2. However my issue concerns the network coverage and is nothing to do with the device itself. Therefor in my eyes the issue is with O2 and not myself.

I get No Signal Indoor/Outdoor so whilst interference may be a culprit, its not interference which I can alleviate. As standing in a park up the road from my residence for example, still with no service, doesn't bode well for indoor use.

I guess my only option is Resolver. Failing that I'll have to pay £250 to end a contract that isn't being fulfilled. People who own these types of companies must laugh in our faces, they get away with so much. I'm sure we couldn't get away with not fulfilling our side of the agreement, but they can.

Message 14 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousYou ask if it's worth your while making a complaint? I certainly would if I was as dissatisfied with my service as you are. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain in my honest opinion.... slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Redtitbit,

Thanks for the info about T's & C's.

I've been searching high and low for what service claims they offer in T&C. Now I have this info.

I don't think "No Service" is a reasonable level of service. And I'd love to see anyone that can justify it being so.

Cleoriff, I completely agree. It was more of a grumble about how I've spent hours on the phone, live chat and in-store trying to resolve this and have got no where. Thanks for your advice and a resolver case has now been opened.

I appreciate all the help you guys have given so far!

Message 16 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Best of luck using Resolver. It would be interesting to see how that works out for you @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll keep you all updated as to how it pans out!

Thanks!!!!!!

Message 18 of 31

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As I mentioned, I think you have a strong case but you will have to fight for it I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 31

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

TU is offered as a reasonable solution to network problems within your home and place of work. We all know TU works over wifi. I ask again, are you having issues only at home or at work?

You are complaining 12 months down the line instead of within the first month. Of course a store will tell you what you want to hear, its a mast problem, go away and all will be well when they repair it.

The people on here are trying to point you in the right direction to get your issue solved. We, like you, are customers but have much knowledge of O2 and their systems.

You chose to go with CPW so your options differ from O2 customers in that if you had gone with O2 you would have a Refresh contract whereby you could pay off the handset, cancel the airtime and toddle off to a network that meets your needs. Presumably you got a better deal with CPW but now your only options are to pay off the remaining 12 months or persue the complaints route to try and get the contract cancelled without penalty. Its a long process but please do not insult the intelligence of longtime customers who give up their time to try and help you. You can choose to either listen to or ignore the advice but ultimately it is an issue for you and not us.

Message 20 of 31