O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Topics: 270
Kudos: 1,341
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 1,196

Self help guide: Is the network down for me or everyone?

[ Edited ]

Things to check before contacting O2:

If you haven’t already, check http://status.o2.co.uk for the exact postcode. If a fault shows on the live status page, O2 will already be working to fix it, and you’ll be able to register for Keep Me Posted updates.  If not, O2 crowdsources data from all checks to alert them to any problems that they’re not already fixing.

1. Is it affecting others on O2? If yes, please get them to go on to Status Checker too.

2. Try switching your phone off and on, to refresh your network connection. If this doesn’t help, try selecting the network manually, using your device’s settings.

3. If you’re having issues in different areas, try testing your SIM in a different O2 device. If the issue then stops, this indicates a device fault. If a different O2 SIM works in your device, this indicates your SIM is faulty.

4. If no issues show and your phone/SIM are okay, keep an eye on Live Status Checker (updates may take up to an hour to show)

For O2 to look into it further:

• Please go back to the same Social Media channel you were directed from, to confirm you’ve gone through the above fault diagnosis so they can investigate and raise the issue further.
  • If you’re contacting us for the first time, please let the O2 Social Media Team know you’ve already checked the above.
  • If you’re using a smartphone you can report the issue via the My Network app
  • If you prefer to call O2, Dial 202 for Pay Monthly 4445 for Pay As You Go or 8002 if you’re a  business customer

If your phone is faulty, make sure it’s backed up, try a hard reset and check your software is up to date. If this doesn’t help, please make an appointment with an O2 Guru: http://j.mp/AeCBzy.

If your SIM is faulty, the best option is to pop into your nearest O2 shop: http://o2lin.kr/Po6TrH for a replacement SIM.

Once the live status page shows a fault has been fixed, you might need to turn your device off and on to refresh your network connection.

iPhone 7 128gb on yearly refresh 20gb tariff with free EU O2 Travel
iPad Air 2 wifi-4g 64gb refresh
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage)
Topics: 419
Solutions: 6,137

Re: Self help guide: Is the network down for me or everyone?

Good job Adam Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion.

Currently using:
Xperia Z5 Dual (O2 & Sfr) and Z3 Tablet (Three UK)
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

[ Edited ]

I'm puzzled why people have trouble finding the O2 Status page as a Google search shows it straight away!  Smiley Sad

Great post Adam! Smiley Happy

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Topics: 270
Kudos: 1,341
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 1,196

@perksie agreed but how many network/ mast issue related post already today?

iPhone 7 128gb on yearly refresh 20gb tariff with free EU O2 Travel
iPad Air 2 wifi-4g 64gb refresh
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage)
Level 1: Joiner

Surely people do not have problems finding the network status page?

Marc_Rosson wrote:

Surely people do not have problems finding the network status page?

Youd be surprised what we get on here Smiley Wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion.

Currently using:
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum

Level 1: Joiner

Lol, I can imagine Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
And I can guarantee we'll get the same questions posted in the near future again.

The nature of forums.

Level 38: Lively

I just wonder two things:

1. Perhaps people don't know about the network status pages that, let's face it, all the networks provide or

2. It is easier to ask a question and just wait for others to do the leg work for them? ??
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

piperdog123 wrote:
It is easier to ask a question and just wait for others to do the leg work for them? ??

Google Link

Currently using:
iPhone7 (EE)

nil desperandum