cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone usage in Tenerife

Anonymous
Not applicable

Iam going to Tenerife shortly . Is this destination regarded as being within Europe for any usuage charges ?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes, it's Spain so all inclusive with UK allowances.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Yes, it's Spain so all inclusive with UK allowances.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

maryofdungloe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I wouldn’t bother with the euro SIM card stuff. it’s even cheaper just to get a Spanish pay and go sim. That way ya ain’t roaming so it would be cheaper for ya.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@maryofdungloe wrote:
I wouldn’t bother with the euro SIM card stuff. it’s even cheaper just to get a Spanish pay and go sim. That way ya ain’t roaming so it would be cheaper for ya.

Roaming in EU now is completely free of any additional charges, providing you stay within your UK allowances slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

maryofdungloe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’d still get a Spanish pay and go sim just to make sure ya ain’t hit with surprised charges 😀
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Entirely your choice, of course, but not necessary.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@maryofdungloe wrote:
I’d still get a Spanish pay and go sim just to make sure ya ain’t hit with surprised charges 😀

You won't be... if you stay within your allowances. I travelled to Spain 6-8 times a year and was charged precisely nothing. I also made use of Wifi which is all over the place in Spain and Tenerife....that cost nothing to use. It's knowing how to manage your account. Using a local PAYG sim anywhere in the EU means you have to transfer all your contacts onto it. Having tried to buy a local sim, as a non Spanish resident, you have to jump through hoops to get one.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In this case it's better to use your UK allowances then there are no charges at all.

Message 8 of 8