Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Bill

RachelMcCartan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried 4 times today to pay my phone bill and each time o2 claim that it's a problem with my bank. I've called my bank and there are no issues with my account or card. This also happened last month when o2 went down

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@RachelMcCartan you can pay in any O2 shop but setting up a direct debit is the best way.

All ways to pay here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Pay-Your-Bill-Contract/ba-p/1014090

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Caspy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I get the same message when I try to pay online... payment failed... I call o2 to pay...payment refused and there is no issue with my bank and that’s using 2 diff bank accounts... I really think o2 should be having a look at their payment system... Direct Debit is not an option for me now due to my circumstances.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2@EmilieT@Marjo

Is there a problem with the payment systems? We have had quite a few similar issues posted over the last week?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Caspy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have found posts on here going back as far as 2016 with people having this issue so they do know about it but in my view they are doing nothing to try and fix it.. we are the ones that pay for this by having late payments added to our accounts.. i have 6. and worst case our credit rating is affected due to late or non payments... 

Message 5 of 12

Caspy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update.. my daughter has gave me permissin to try using her account to make my payments from.. now she banks with a totaly diff bank and has a totaly diff card... guess what.... yeah you got it in one... payment refused. contact your bank... come on o2 whats going on here... does any one know !!!!!
Message 6 of 12

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff Thanks for the tag. We're not aware of any current on-going issues with the payments.

@RachelMcCartan, sorry to hear that you had trouble paying your bill online earlier. As it's been a couple of days I just wanted to check if the issue still persists for you, or you were able to do it in the end?

@Caspy I'd like to get someone to have a closer look at this to see if we can identify what the problem might be with your payment. I'll drop you a quick PM shortly to get a few additional details, hang in there!

Message 7 of 12

Caspy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE

Spoke to payment management team.. they say the issue could be down to a security feature in the payment system..  If you use your card a certain anount of times in a certain time period then it shuts down and stops payments going threw... i have 6 contracts with o2 so thats basicaly 12 payments i need to make in a month.. the system didnt like it

Direct debits now set up for most of my contracts now so lets hope this is the end of the issue.. 

Will updat more soon

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased it's sorted @Caspy. Direct debits are the best and least stressful method of payment.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Caspy
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Direct Debits set up for all my accounts now.. the payment management team were great and helped me out a lot..

Big thank you to all who posted comments here for me.. this is a great problem solving community..

Issue SOLVED slight_smile
Message 10 of 12