Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bills whilst on lockdown

Vickie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are there any provisions or help available for self employed people who are going to be struggling to pay their phone bill..I have two phones to pay totaling£100 or so...feeling a little worried
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Vickie 

Statement from O2 here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Our-latest-update-on-COVID-19-Coronavirus/m-p/1303464#M33...

Supporting our customers
We’re making it free for everyone to access NHS advice in the most convenient way for them. Calls to the NHS 111 help line have always been free, and now we’re supporting that by zero-rating all NHS UK websites, meaning any data you use on these sites won’t count towards your monthly allowance. If the effects of COVID-19 are impacting your income and you have concerns over paying your upcoming phone bill, please let us know. You can call us directly on 202 to discuss the situation, and we’ll try to find a solution so you’re not under any added stress.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Kevin54
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You would've thought so. if they want to look after there customers they would do something to help there loyal customers by doing some sort of deal of putting contract customers on payg tariff in the meantime during this coronavirus outbreak. But probably not all big companies more than LIKELY to still think of making money for themselves than help there customers.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kevin54 

Have you called to ask about your situation or just guessing?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kevin54 Best time to call is 8-8.30 am. This time of day will probably entail a long wait on hold and even more frustration.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Kevin54
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm just giving a solution to the lady's question. An idea for 02 customers on making sure that they have credit so they can keep in touch with every one especially people who are self employed who are keeping an i on there financial situation. So it would be nice for all big companies like 02 who haven't got any financial problems to help people less well off. At the end of the day it's us customers who make the big companies wealthy.
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Kevin54 I'm sure your suggestions are well meaning, but putting people who are on contract on Pay & Go for one is impractical. They would need different sim cards, as the info on the cards is not the same, and the logistics of switching account information for potentially millions of customers would probably be mind boggling.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Vickie
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve had the reply from o2 that I will not be using my data for using nhs website...well I’m at home anyway using my wifi so that really is no help... and I have free minutes...so really ???
Would be good they could Maybe amend my tariffs to a lower data and a limit on my free calls and lower my bill...I guess I’ll have to call and see what can be done..thanks for the help guys..stay safe
Message 8 of 8