cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying bill from overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to pay my monthly bill online as I'm in New Zealand.  Even though I advised my bank, BARCLAYS that I was going overseas, they have obviously decided to not allow my credit card to be used, so I'm trying to pay with my New Zealand cc, but 02's website doesn't allow an overseas address to be entered!  Therefore, I CAN'T PAY MY BILL no matter how hard I try!

Does anyone have any other ideas please, as the online chat line is closed??

Very frustrated.

Valerie

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All you can do is contact your bank and ask them to clear your card. I had the same problem here but I used TUGo to call my bank as they only cleared the card for 6 months initially. I realise the 10 hours or so time difference but it is your responsibility ultimately.

The various ways to pay are there and the only other thing I can suggest is you ask family or friends in the UK to pay for you and you transfer the money to them via online banking.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92918 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All you can do is contact your bank and ask them to clear your card. I had the same problem here but I used TUGo to call my bank as they only cleared the card for 6 months initially. I realise the 10 hours or so time difference but it is your responsibility ultimately.

The various ways to pay are there and the only other thing I can suggest is you ask family or friends in the UK to pay for you and you transfer the money to them via online banking.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous You need to do as @jonsie has suggested, and if you're intending to stay in New Zealand for any length of time you should have a direct debit set up. If you're on a monthly contract you should really have one anyway.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

evantkh
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 366 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
A direct debit on bank account should work properly even if the account is not registered to a UK address as long as it is already set up.
Message 4 of 4