cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly - Travelling Through China - Experiences?

DigitalVibe
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll be travelling through China (Beijing) and Hong Kong next week. Checking my Pay Monthly account I see I already have the "O2 Travel Unlimited Web Bolt On" which I believe means I'll have coverage in China for £4.95 per day. I wondered if anyone here has any experience of how good that coverage actually is in Mainland China. 

Also, does anyone know the difference between the "O2 Travel Unlimited Web Bolt On" and the "O2 Travel & Higher Data Limit in non-O2 Travel countries Bolt On"? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@DigitalVibe I've no experience of China but if it's the same as other non EU countries it will be dire. 

The difference between the two bolt ons is that the daily travel charge is £4.99 a day for 120 mins and texts and unlimited data, and the other is applicable to countries not covered by that and means you can use more data up to £120 per billing cycle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@DigitalVibe I've no experience of China but if it's the same as other non EU countries it will be dire. 

The difference between the two bolt ons is that the daily travel charge is £4.99 a day for 120 mins and texts and unlimited data, and the other is applicable to countries not covered by that and means you can use more data up to £120 per billing cycle.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122123 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@DigitalVibe 

More info here O2 Travel Inclusive

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

And O2 Travel

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @DigitalVibe , and welcome to the forum Wave

I hope you find the information above helpful, but please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a wonderful trip to China and Hong Kong! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4