Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Pay&Go Query - Simplicity

Hi There

I have a few things I would like to clear up and would appreciate any advice you could give me on the following.

I am currently on the O2 Unlimited Pay&Go tariff and requested by text three days ago that I wish to move to O2 Simplicity Pay&Go. I received a text to say that my request will be processed within 48 hours. As yet I have still not been switched to Simplicity! Anyone know how long this takes to get done?

Also. If I were to take advantage of the Unlimited texts for £5 per month. Could I also take out the O2 Numbers bolt on at £5 per month, and if so, would all the text messages I send be part of my Unlimited allowance rather than my O2 Numbers allowance?
Highlighted
Anonymous

When you opt to change to Simplicity, it takes O2 up to 48 Hours to switch you to this and you will then get a text message to confirm the change. You only change to Simplicity though from your next Anniversary Date and NOT when you get the text message confirmation.

A few days before your next Anniversary Date O2 will text you to remind you to ensure you have enough Credit on the handset before you do indeed move to Simplicity.

I can't see why not for the O2 Numbers Bolt-On - My Understanding would be O2 would use the Unlimited allowance before the Bolt-On? It might be best contacting Customer Services to ensure though unless someone else can help you?

4445 from your Mobile (25p/Call)
0844 809 0222 from a Landline
E-Mail Customer Services: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help
Highlighted
Anonymous

I recently switched from unlimited to simplicity.It took 48 hours.
Then I recieved the txt which says "you will recieve your unlimited texts when you have at least £5 balance,as you do not have enough credit at the moment".
But when I try topping up it doesnt let me top up £5.Minimum is £10 which defeats the purpose.Anyone know why or a way round this.
Highlighted
Topics: 572
Solutions: 3,844

minimum payment is £10. This would last you for 2 months as the £5 is debited on a monthly basis or you could use the other £5 for calls. However, you can't top up by £5, it's been almost 10 years since you were able to do that.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I topped up £10 on the 24th June.
One month has gone by and O2 txt me saying I need to top up again.Shouldnt I have £5 balance remaining?I have £1.02 left on my phone.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I topped up £10 on the 24th June.
One month has gone by and O2 txt me saying I need to top up again.Shouldnt I have £5 balance remaining?I have £1.02 left on my phone.

If you've only got £1.02 left (presumably because you made some calls, picture messages, internet etc) then you haven't got enough left to buy your tariff so you will need to top-up.