cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part-Exchange phone against remaining contract fee?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Basically, as the title says; am I able to part-exchange my current phone against the remaining amount on my contract?

My iPhone 5 is valued at £90 (acording to O2 - a bit cheap in my opinion) and my outstanding balance is £100.

Could I upfront pay with my phone and £10 to start up a new contract?

Thanks,

Jack

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You can't use a phone as part payment at all either through O2 Recycle or any other means. Sell the phone and use the money as payment is your only option.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your on refresh tariff you can pay off the handset plan and take out a new contract.

You could use O2 recycle to get some cash for your old phone or use CEX as another example.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response; ideally I'd like to avoid paying it off in cash and use the phone as a payment if I were to do this in store - If you can see where I'm coming from?

Thanks

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes.

Info.

"
Can I Recycle at my local O2 Store?
Yes, you can place your recycle order at your local O2 store. However, if you have already placed your order online you will have to go through the order process again in store.

Find your local O2 store"

From https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/faqs.aspx
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 125963 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your response; ideally I'd like to avoid paying it off in cash and use the phone as a payment if I were to do this in store - If you can see where I'm coming from?

Thanks

I don't think you can use your phone as part payment against another? You can certainly send it to O2 recycle which you have already mentioned....other than that you could sell it privately or trade in at other stores for cash...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Use O2 recycle and have the payment applied to your account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You can't use a phone as part payment at all either through O2 Recycle or any other means. Sell the phone and use the money as payment is your only option.

Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23989 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Be careful if you decide to use O2 Recycle. We have seen instances on here of people being offered less than they thought they were going to get because O2 Recycle said the phone was not in the condition the seller said it was. Make sure you have photographic evidence of the physical condition of the phone before you send it off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I would like to do as you are asking, use my old phone to upgrade, I have done this before with other phones, but not sure if you can still do it, did you manage to use your old phone as part payment??

Thanks Sue

Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No, see @jonsie 's answer above.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11