cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pac code invalid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have just moved to O2 from Orange. My Orange contract still has a month or two left to go but I was able to get a pac code from them so that I could transfer my old number to my new O2 contract.

I phoned O2 and gave them the pac code and they said it'd be done within 24 hours and I'd get a text to let me know. However, the next morning I get a text saying 'O2: Unfortunately the details you have supplied us are incorrect, please email all the correct details to invalidpaccodes@o2mail.co.uk'. I phoned O2 again that morning and explained. The advisor told me that it had been done in a strange way (an email form rather than the normal pac code form or something?) so she said she'd do it again in the proper way. I was hoping that would be the end of it but I woke up this morning with another text saying the same thing, invalid details.

I doubled checked the text I received from Orange with the pac code and it's exactly what I gave Orange.

I haven't sent an email to invalidpaccodes@02mail.co.uk yet because it'll probably take forever for them to reply and I thought I'd ask here first.

Any ideas? Could it be because my Orange contract is still ongoing? If so, why would they even give me a pac code in the first place?

Thanks,

Andy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

We have seen issues before from orange customers porting in double check with orange they have sent a valid pac code.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 2