Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

PLEASE HELP!

I recently bought a Nokia C3 on O2. I was reading my emails today and opened one under a friends address which turned out to be a virus/spam email. I'm worried my phone will now have a virus or have been hacked. Is there anything I can do?
Also my phone didn't come with a USB-is this normal?

Cheers!
Anonymous

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Anyone? very worried Smiley Indifferent
Anonymous

Its safe to delete the Spam email, it can't infect your phone.
The phone should have come with a list of what was included in the box.
Anonymous

whew I thought because I opened it i was stuffed-cheers :robotwink:
Anonymous

..and because i did it over wireless thought it mightve affected my pc/email etc :robotsad:
Anonymous

My email has now started sending out this virus despite changing my password and my fone is playing up.
Anonymous

Its not possible to infect your phone. Its a basic non-multitasking handset.
I suspect its far more likely that your PC has some malware. I would read up about PC security and install some security software.
Anonymous

My pc has many anti virus programmes. I chanhed the password on my email but it has still sent on the virus to my contacts so will have to change my email.
My new phone is screwing up like nothing else-waste of money-but then phones are lol
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Yes but are they updated? You may find that the AV database is out of date so would miss a few. BTW, in my experience having more than 1 AV program really isn't a good idea.
As prking says, it will be your main pc that has been infected and a good read will help as will updating/changing AV products. Changing your email address will produce exactly the same outcome until the virus is removed.