cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC number for PAYG Sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all, just one quick question related with payg sim card:

Is there any time limit to keep the sim card in o2 network before I transfer my o2 number to the other network?

thanks.

the reason for this question is as follows. I bought an o2 payg sim card in the local shop (99p) today. I insert it to my phone (Nokia 105, not smart phone) to have a try. After that I found when I insert this sim card to other phones, the other phone will not reconige the o2 sim card. Then I checked o2 website, it is something called the sim card is locked with the phone which is first used. I am thinking if it is possiable for me to transfer network from and keep this number and therefore I can use my other phone by keeping this number.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Try a different sim in your Note to see if it's a problem with the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Assume the number is of some value given you've used it yet. You will have to top up and make a few calls buy after that o2 should give you the Pac. Ps the Pac only lasts 30days so keep that in mind. Cheers.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 12 of 12