cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am nearly at the end of my contract. I've taken up a new contract from t-mobile.

I've been trying for last 3 days to get hold on O2 customer service but after holding up for nearly an hour everyday, I hang up. Is there any alternative way to get PAC code from o2 or should I just keep calling 202 with no answer from o2.

Other thing, can i get PAC code from o2 to get my number transferred to t-mobile and get new number for the remaining contract which ends on november?

Much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

getting a pac code will close your old account and you will get final bill with the charge to end contract early.

Try using live chat from  the contact us page to get the pac if you want to close the account now.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

getting a pac code will close your old account and you will get final bill with the charge to end contract early.

Try using live chat from  the contact us page to get the pac if you want to close the account now.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Try the chat link in my signature.

Once you have your PAC and use it, that will effectively end your contract and you will have to pay in full. You can't change the number on it.

Message 3 of 6

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Also once u request and get a PAC code, ur contract will end even if u don't use it.

Sadly not all are told this

Once ur given one I don't think u can ask for another either so u will/may lose ur number
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@macblank wrote:
Also once u request and get a PAC code, ur contract will end even if u don't use it.

Sadly not all are told this

Once ur given one I don't think u can ask for another either so u will/may lose ur number
This info is a little misleading.... The contract only ends when the PAC is used. If unused the contract will continue to run. Also, if you dont use your PAC within 30 days it will expire and you will have to request another, which will be valid for a further 30 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Ah. Trust me to get it arse about!!!

Good job I'm not yet at Jedi status!!! LoL
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 6 of 6