cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code - why is it seemingly impossible to get one?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is getting a PAC code not just a single click instead of some bullying gatekeeper doing everything they can to stop you getting one and wanting your life story and wasting your valuable time prying into your personal life which is non of O2's business? Twice now I have tried to get a PAC code without success from O2 online chat and I still don't have one. These bullying and delaying tactics should be made illegal. The industry regulators need to sort this out. Virgin got it right when I left them, about 2 minutes and done. I will steer clear of O2 if I ever get my number released. Very bad service O2. Very disappointing. I will make a final request by letter to O2 complaints and see if I can be given a PAC code that way. The short sightedness of making it difficult for customers to leave is that if they ever do eacape they will never come back. This practice should be just as illegal as a shop keeper refusing to let you leave their premises until you agree to buy something else and asking you to tell them how much equivalent products are at other shops. The scenario is different but the bad feelings and inconvenience are just the same. This feels like a form of false imprisonment. Future O2 customers ... remember to set aside some time for when you decide to leave O2. Please can I just get my PAC code?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Community advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
Try them again and you may get a different result.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Community advice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
Try them again and you may get a different result.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous you will need to persevere with customer service to get your pac

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It will take around 7 working days to get a reply from complaints. Far better to ring again and speak to someone else. 

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

No Network can refuse to give you your Pac. If you feel you have been given the runaround and hassle then put in another complaint using Resolver from this link.....https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

JD4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I thought it was now supposed to be easy to leave your current network!
Text 02 to request my PAC code: It Doesnt Work
Contacted Live Chat: They kept me chatting for 5mins, then told me to text Pac to said no. !
I told them that does not work ! They then just broke off chat! 🤬
So done what I didnt want to do & phoned them!
They didnt recognise my password, which is 100% correct!
I double checked on my 02 app & then I was suddenly blocked from going onto my app and had to change password again to get on !
Then phoned the jokers back. They recognised my password this time, which was the same password originally ! I got to the end of the automated drivel and they said call back tomorrow, as they are closed !
Honestly , I can see why people snap and commit murder ! 😡🥵🤬
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@JD4 

Opening times

Monday - Friday8am - 9pm
Saturday8am - 8pm
Sunday8am - 6pm

It's best to call around 8.00am and if you have multiple numbers on your account the text method won't work.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

JD4
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Got it just now! They say your to text PAC to 68075 but what they leave out, conveniently ! Is it's not recognised if you text the word in capitals, like its depicted on 02 website! Has to be lower case before its recognised and pac code given!
Sneaky Sods!
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Never known that to be an issue before but glad it worked for you.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

bakula
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I agree! terrible service

Message 10 of 11