Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-charged again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Hi Toby

I joined this group as I need an urgent help regarding O2 over charging me and wouldn't be considerate even though I have been with them for over 5years.

Here is my problem; Okay, I took out another line in February 2013, and ever since then I have been be calling this particular number (07874476105) that seems to be an UK mobile network.

Suddenly, in November 2013, I noticed my bill was ridiculously high, so I quickly went onto O2 website to chat with one of there gurus and she was able to help by saying the rise of the bill was due to a system error that she’s rectified it and usual monthly charges reflex on my next bill. I kept on making an everyday call to the same number because it happens to be a number I call everyday but unfortunately, in December when the bill came again, it was an absolutely appalling amount that came again, worst than the previous month. Then I took to O2 website to make another complain since the previous guru I chatted with told me it was an initial mistake from the system, at this time I was told the number I have been calling has been generating charges of the line but it is very unprofessional not to have informed me should incase there was a change in the term and conditions of contract. I never received any email or letter neither a notification to confirm changes in tariff on the number when dialled. Currently, as I type this email the charges on this particular number has resulted to over £700 and O2 is now threaten to send a bailiff into my home to take possessions worth that amount since I can't afford to pay the money required of me due to my circumstances as I'm unemployed and only on JSA benefit and also a single mother. Even though I have admitted to pay the lowest I can pay fro the time being to the time I get a secure job, still they aren’t having any of that.

Can you please help as soon as possible because this is highly a reap off. They never considered my 5years loyalty with them.

Message 1 of 37
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As we are all customers here @Anonymous i would advise you to calmly put all the facts into a crohnological order in an email complaint to the address contained in these pages http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain paying attention to this advice

Impartial Review

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you're still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and you'd like an impartial review, ask them how you can get in touch with our Complaints Review Service and they will do their best to find a resolution you're happy with.

So they can review your case without delay, please send them details of your complaint making sure you include:

• Your name and address
  • Your mobile and account numbers
  • A daytime contact number
  • A suggestion of what you'd like them to do to put things right
  • If you've had any previous correspondence relating to your complaint, please send copies of these as well as any names of supervisors and managers you've spoken to.

Send everything by post to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Alternatively you can email them directly at: complaintreviewservice@o2.com or fax on 0870 600 2402.

They'll aim to review your complaint within 5 working days.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 32 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Toby

Highlighted for your requested assistance.
Message 2 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Could this be anything to do with the recent changes to the Channel  Islands?

Message 3 of 37

MI5
  • 145943 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

At a guess this number is based in the Chanel Islands, if so the number has now become an international number.
There were changes in the T&C's to reflect this.

One such recent thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/calls-to-channel-islands/m-p/558416/highlight/tr...

@jonsie snap lol

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 37

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Unfortunatly the first part of that number is listed here http://www.o2.co.uk/popups/specialnumbers-popup-07 and charged at the 07 non-mobile and call forwarding services rate listed here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/everything-else/special-numbers

Not related to the changes to chanel islands etc

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 123871 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

Hi @jonsie and @MI5 ... Not wishing to appear any more of a dumbo than I actually am...but what has the

change to Channel Islands T&C got to do with the OP...is she posting from or living in the

Channel Islands then?

#justasking...   Help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 37

MI5
  • 145943 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Good spot Adam - So it's a call forwarding number (possibly connected with overseas calling?), in which case the charges are correct and will have to be paid 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 37

MI5
  • 145943 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @jonsie and @MI5 ... Not wishing to appear any more of a dumbo than I actually am...but what has the

change to Channel Islands T&C got to do with the OP...is she posting from or living in the

Channel Islands then?

#justasking...   Help

Calls to Channel Island mobile numbers used to be included in allowances until around November last year.....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
So one avenue would be to request a transcript of the conversation with the Live Chat operator and go down the route of mis information ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain
Message 9 of 37

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Good spot Adam - So it's a call forwarding number (possibly connected with overseas calling?), in which case the charges are correct and will have to be paid 😞

And yet again live chat fails! Should have given the poster correct advice i.e. the number falls into "non-mobile and call forwarding services"  now if transcripts of chat are available then raising a formal complaint may result in a good will geasture

Apple Watch series 4

Message 10 of 37