Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-charged again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Hi Toby

I joined this group as I need an urgent help regarding O2 over charging me and wouldn't be considerate even though I have been with them for over 5years.

Here is my problem; Okay, I took out another line in February 2013, and ever since then I have been be calling this particular number (07874476105) that seems to be an UK mobile network.

Suddenly, in November 2013, I noticed my bill was ridiculously high, so I quickly went onto O2 website to chat with one of there gurus and she was able to help by saying the rise of the bill was due to a system error that she’s rectified it and usual monthly charges reflex on my next bill. I kept on making an everyday call to the same number because it happens to be a number I call everyday but unfortunately, in December when the bill came again, it was an absolutely appalling amount that came again, worst than the previous month. Then I took to O2 website to make another complain since the previous guru I chatted with told me it was an initial mistake from the system, at this time I was told the number I have been calling has been generating charges of the line but it is very unprofessional not to have informed me should incase there was a change in the term and conditions of contract. I never received any email or letter neither a notification to confirm changes in tariff on the number when dialled. Currently, as I type this email the charges on this particular number has resulted to over £700 and O2 is now threaten to send a bailiff into my home to take possessions worth that amount since I can't afford to pay the money required of me due to my circumstances as I'm unemployed and only on JSA benefit and also a single mother. Even though I have admitted to pay the lowest I can pay fro the time being to the time I get a secure job, still they aren’t having any of that.

Can you please help as soon as possible because this is highly a reap off. They never considered my 5years loyalty with them.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Thanks Mi5...and have just noticed  @adamtemp64 link...and have read that also Smiley Very Happy

(Every day is a school day etc etc) Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 37

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Labby,

Please send me a private message about this and we can have a chat.

FYI, I have created a new thread for your post and its replies, as its a separate issue to the one you posted on.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in London and I was in London when making those calls to that number i.e 078....

Message 13 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did sent you a personal message before pasting it out here on chat forum. Thanks
Message 14 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
....I mean they could have informed customers in regards to changes to bundles terms and conditions. I wasn't notified and it seems some of the O2 gurus have no clue to what's going on because I vividly asked but I was told it was a system error from their office of which I carried on calling the number until I got a slap from a mountain bill.
Message 15 of 37

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Labby

The number starting 07874 is not a normal mobile number if you read my post from earlier and the links I posted.

The information regarding the  cannel islands can now be ignored as I identified the issue

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 37

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Labby was this live chat you contacted do you have the transcripts?

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is nothing wrong in the changes but at least a notification would have saved both O2 and I lot of hassle. The rate in which I was charged is way too much, come to think of it...
Message 18 of 37

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Labby this type of number once o2 detect the number as not a real mobile have been covered in your t&c so no change this phrase highlighted in bold

b. numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services with substantial national coverage (this currently includes the five major operators O2, Orange or T-Mobile (together Everything Everywhere), Vodafone and Three, and providers like Virgin Mobile and Tesco Mobile that use major operators' networks to provide their services), provided that we may exclude from your inclusive minutes allowance calls made to any number ranges which we reasonably believe are being used for call forwarding services, concurrent calling,paging services, onward calling services or numbers that pay a revenue share. Calls to some telephone helplines are also free of charge and don't use up minutes from your inclusive allowance. A full list of these numbers can be found at: www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/freenumbers. (link dead but correct one is in my first reply.)

Apple Watch series 4

Message 19 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ M15, How would I know it's a call forwarding number when I've been calling this particular number since the day I took out the contract. Don't you think i deserve to be informed of change to T&Cs. How would you feel if it happens to you? Try to be considerate with your comments please as it can always be anyone in my position... cheers
Message 20 of 37