Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over-charged again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

Hi Toby

I joined this group as I need an urgent help regarding O2 over charging me and wouldn't be considerate even though I have been with them for over 5years.

Here is my problem; Okay, I took out another line in February 2013, and ever since then I have been be calling this particular number (07874476105) that seems to be an UK mobile network.

Suddenly, in November 2013, I noticed my bill was ridiculously high, so I quickly went onto O2 website to chat with one of there gurus and she was able to help by saying the rise of the bill was due to a system error that she’s rectified it and usual monthly charges reflex on my next bill. I kept on making an everyday call to the same number because it happens to be a number I call everyday but unfortunately, in December when the bill came again, it was an absolutely appalling amount that came again, worst than the previous month. Then I took to O2 website to make another complain since the previous guru I chatted with told me it was an initial mistake from the system, at this time I was told the number I have been calling has been generating charges of the line but it is very unprofessional not to have informed me should incase there was a change in the term and conditions of contract. I never received any email or letter neither a notification to confirm changes in tariff on the number when dialled. Currently, as I type this email the charges on this particular number has resulted to over £700 and O2 is now threaten to send a bailiff into my home to take possessions worth that amount since I can't afford to pay the money required of me due to my circumstances as I'm unemployed and only on JSA benefit and also a single mother. Even though I have admitted to pay the lowest I can pay fro the time being to the time I get a secure job, still they aren’t having any of that.

Can you please help as soon as possible because this is highly a reap off. They never considered my 5years loyalty with them.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ Adamtemp64, I did not know it's a call forwarding number. It wouldn't cost O2 a dine to send out information to all customers of change in T&Cs to avoid horrible situation like this. Like I said initially, it was after 10months of calling the number I noticed the high bill....
Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a live chat the gurus, unfortunately I don't have a transcript of it... I also didn't know 0787 isn't a normal number, there's no way I would have knew bearing in mind I had made calls to same number over 9months and nothing was said from O2 while I paid normal contract charges each month before it went wrong.
Message 22 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@ M15, How would I know it's a call forwarding number when I've been calling this particular number since the day I took out the contract. Don't you think i deserve to be informed of change to T&Cs. How would you feel if it happens to you? Try to be considerate with your comments please as it can always be anyone in my position... cheers

Hi Labby, yes I would be annoyed if this happened to me and I appologise if my comments seemed inconsiderate. However, I was just pointing out the charges were correct and that you were given wrong info by CS originally....

Can I ask for what purpose you call that particular number?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you were calling it for nine months with no problem and then suddenly get hit with high charges I think that's out of order you should have been warned it's not like O2 couldn't have seen you had been dialling it previously
Message 24 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just done a bit of digging and it looks as though the 078744 range of addresses are almost certainly some sort of VOIP system that the calls are being diverted to.

I am finding that the number is related to "Wifi Services" and given the charge code "FW4" or "FW7" by O2 and other operators.

The only other thing I can discover is that it is classed as a Premium Non-Geographic Number, and as such won't be included in inclusive minutes, etc but can cost up to 20p/m from a landline so will be more from a mobile.

It is unfortunate as it does look like a mobile number and as consumers how are we supposed to know which range of 07 numbers is actually a mobile and which isn't?

Message 25 of 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm guessing that it was 9 months before O2 twigged that the number was a call forwarding number hence the discrepency. Once they did realise the very least you should have expected would be a warning that it was either outside the terms and conditions or the future costs of calls to that number.

You definitely have grounds for complaint in my opinion though I'm no legal expert.

Message 26 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I totally agree @jonsie
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what I am trying to say, it was after making calls for 8 months  before i got overly charged without any notification. However, immediately I was aware of the high bill I took to the internet and had a chat with one of the O2 online gurus and she told me the high bill was due to system error since she noticed the 078...nos that got the bill high was a number I have been calling daily since I took out the contract and she assured me I can continue ringing the number that she was able to rectify it whilst the bill will appear normal back again at the end of the month.

Message 28 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly what I am trying to say, it was after making calls for 8 months before i was overly charged without any notification. However, immediately I was aware of the high bill I took to the internet and had a chat with one of the O2 online gurus and she told me the high bill was due to system error since she noticed the nos that got the bill high was a number I have been calling daily since I took out the contract and she assured me I can continue ringing the number that she was able to rectify it whilst the bill will appear normal back again at the end of the month.
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
@M15, I called this number everyday for morning prayer session.
Message 30 of 37