cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts being undelivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past couple of weeks my texts have not been getting recieved by one of my contacts, I am however still recieving theres; often getting duplicate texts in the process. The problem seems to come and go and so far I have not resolved it. I can still call them etc, so no it's not a blocking issue... I have also tried delivery reports which have all told me the texts have been delivered even though they haven't... Any advice would be great 

thanks 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
another thread from last week have a read through it orange (ee) admitted an issue and were fixing it http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/o2-orange-text-problems/td-p/655407/highlight/tr...
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

It's still possible that the recipient has blocked you via the messaging settings, independently of the call settings. I would ask them to check message settings for blocked numbers especially so if their handset is Samsung or similar android OS.

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's thought to be mast congestion.

Try turning airplane mode on and off or reboot your phone to reset the connection or some have has their sim swapped out at an O2 store to try and help.

Most of the networks I've used at one time or another have suffered from the same issue.

Check your postcode via the service status link.

http://status.o2.co.uk

I would also try deleting the contact and re enter it. Delete any recent call history. Ie get rid of any remaining connection to the number in everything.
Message 3 of 15

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
True , but as the OP has already stipulated it's not a blocking feature issue I can only think it's some form of congestion.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Is your friend on Orange, as they had a problem with text messages last week?
To get an accurate delivery report off O2 you have to start each text with *0#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope not blocked, I decided to test this and text them when we were together and they recieved it straight away... I'm really confused as to why this is happening =s

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my friend is on Orange but is insisting it is an issue with my phone or network as he recieves everyone elses texts. Had the same issue last year so I changed network, numbers and got a new phone. Now it seems to be back again would say it's been happening on and off the past 3 weeks

Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is he receiving texts off other O2 customers ok.

May be worth contacting O2 on 202 contract or 4445 Payg just to have your account checked.
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's been happening to others on orange lately it appears to be a problem with their network
Message 10 of 15