cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option for No Big Bundle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to have a Pay & Go Sim that doesn't use Big Bundles at all? Just the standard rates. I use texts and calls very infrequently and inconsistently so the Monthly Big Bundle system is not at all appropriate for me. I'm assuming it is possible (as sometimes I have topped up £10 when there was still credit remaining and I did not recieve a Big Bundle. much to my joy. and a friend of mine claims their sim was changed so that it doesn't use Big Bundles) but I have seen absolutely no mention of opting out of the system on this website. Any ideas/recommendations?

Many thanks

Alex

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is no mention on the site anymore but you need to call cs on 4445 and ask to change to o2 basic.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is no mention on the site anymore but you need to call cs on 4445 and ask to change to o2 basic.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 Basic is what you need. It used to be an option to change to but suddenly they made it 'by invitation only'. Call customer service and they will change you to that tariff.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for replying!

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Let us know how you get on.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hopefully.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for youre advice :)I called them today, they said they'd make the switch no problem and I just checked on My O2 and that confirmed it. Didn't get a text confirmation though, interestingly. I wonder why they're so eager to neglect the standard Pay & Go system.

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Because there is no money in it for O2.
They own giffgaff which does provide basic PAYG so they want all those customers on there.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone for youre advice :)I called them today, they said they'd make the switch no problem and I just checked on My O2 and that confirmed it. Didn't get a text confirmation though, interestingly. I wonder why they're so eager to neglect the standard Pay & Go system.

Really good news @Anonymous Pleased to hear it was as easy as that...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10