cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online order for OnePlus 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

About 5 hours ago I placed an order for the OnePlus 3 to be delivered to my house between 8am-12pm tomorrow and I paid £5.99 for it. I've just received a text saying "O2: Thanks for your order, sorry we're out of stock at the moment. We are expecting more on 06-OCT-16 .We'll text you again as soon as we have a delivery date." Why am I only receiving this text? I've been charged £5.99 to have it for tomorrow but it's not in stock... The closest store to me is Carmarthen and when I went there yesterday they said it wasn't in stock and the closest one where it was in stock was Swansea (this is in Wales, just in case you have never heard of these places). So what am I supposed to do now? Sit and wait... Looks like I'll have to cancel my order on Amazon for my new case to arrive tomorrow until the phone actually gets here... I've never been with o2 before but I decided to change to o2 from Three specifically for this phone. Not a good first impression I'm getting at the moment.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

The will do it for you as they did it for me.

I ordered the phone the 5th, get a text the 5th evening stating that the phone was out of stock and the new stock will arrive the 6th.

Today, the phone looks in stock according to the page but my order still out of stock with no information at all on when will be delivered so be prepared to wait

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ordered the phone this morning because it was in stock apparently according to O2 web page. Just received the following text. O2:Sorry it's taking longer than we hoped to send your order. We're still expecting more stock soon. We'll text you again as soon as we have a delivery date.

Not impressed with O2s selling tactics.
Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Welcome to o2's non existent stock checking system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

same story!  Ended up buying it direct from an O2 store this morning

That wasn't without issue either, as the shop refused to sell it to me on PAYG!

Ended up standing at the counter ordering on-line as a click and collect from the store.  2 mins later they handed over the phone, which was £10 cheaper than they were selling in store due to the £10 sim. What a farce!

Original order has (hopefully!) been cancelled by on line web chat....

Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

same story!  Ended up buying it direct from an O2 store this morning

That wasn't without issue either, as the shop refused to sell it to me on PAYG!

Ended up standing at the counter ordering on-line as a click and collect from the store.  2 mins later they handed over the phone, which was £10 cheaper than they were selling in store due to the £10 sim. What a farce!

Original order has (hopefully!) been cancelled by on line web chat....

What a damn palaver! So you were instore and could only buy it from that store if you did it via Click and Collect? (and then could walk out with the phone!) O2 really need to look at this. A long winded time consuming selling procedure. I would keep checking that your original order has been cancelled...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered the same phone online yesterday at lunch time and they told me it was in stock so arranged next day delivery (today) i got the same text message you got late last night - spoke to O2 and they said when i was going through the process of the order it was in stock and when i completed the order it was out of stock - theyve said they dont know how long it will take to deliver - possibly 2-3 days - which is going to be mid next week now. they also said if i wanted to collect it froma shop i would have to cancel the existing order and do another one - dont do this as no shops have it in stock!!

typical o2!

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well, thats a new one @Anonymous " started the order and it was in stock....by the time you completed the order it had gone out of stock" Not sure how they would know that....They don't have a live ordering system so this sounds like another excuse to me Smiley Surprised

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
It was out of stock when you started the order most likely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18