Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5T screen burn in - need advice

Sedalin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,
I have a OnePlus 5T device. Phone is year old (so still under warranty) and I've just found out that there are areas of the screen where burn in occured (faded icons and bars visible on light backgrounds). I'm with O2 for many years now and had few different phones over years - none of them had that issue before and each and every of them has been used the same way as this one. Don't have any device insurance as never ever needed one - I've never broken a phone. Now I'm looking for advice as due to my work I am really unable to have no phone (sending for repair can take weeks) at all and loan non smartphones from O2 are of no use for me as I need maps and apps for work. Shall I just live with those marks on screen or anyone have any advice what else I could do/discuss with O2? The whole case is probably dead end as it's 'send for repair' or 'don't do it's and pay for phone with damaged screen' but maybe somebody smarter than me will have something to say...

Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sedalin

I would NOT send it to O2 repairs. Your best bet, as it's still under warranty, is to contact One Plus in the UK

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for warning me. Bad experience with O2 warranty repairs? I've never had to claim under warranty with them so genuinely curious.

I'm not sure if screen burns are covered under OnePlus warranty - and also phone is 1 year and 1 month old - I'm pretty sure OP warranty covers only period of one year - but may be wrong. Read it somewhere on their website but maybe it was specifically for Chinese versions not European. Need to double check.

Contacting and asking them is not going to hurt so I may give it a go. Looks like it's time ask around and sort myself a temporary phone...
Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sedalin O2 repairs are notorious for bodging repairs or not actually repairing the device in the first place then quoting extortionate prices to so called fix them

Message 4 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good to know!
Message 5 of 26

Sedalin
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous - good to know! Thanks.
Message 6 of 26

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
What you could do is buy a cheap android spare phone with maps and so on and use that then send your phone to either one plus or o2 it's up to you
Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Sedalin

I repeat...do NOT send to O2 repairs. They have a poor reputation!

OnePlus give a 2 year warranty. (this is if bought directly from them...it doesn't state the warranty duration if bought through O2, though I would have thought it was the same?)

Warranty Policy

OnePlus phones purchased on oneplus.com come with a 2 year limited warranty, in compliance with EU consumer laws, starting from the date of delivery. Unless otherwise specified, this warranty covers the hardware components of the Product as originally supplied and does not cover, or partially covers software, consumable items, or accessories even if packaged or sold together with the Product. This warranty is only redeemable within the original country or region of purchase.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/privacy-and-legal

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sedalin You are welcome & welcome to the forum

Message 9 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately one plus are as difficult to deal with as o2!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 26