cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 won't unlock my old contract phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

Been on with O2 on 202 and the live chat since the 19th of May about unlocking my old Samsung Galaxy S2 which is just out of contract with O2.

I rang 202 on Tuesday, as they said last week that it would be unlocked within 7 days of last Tuesday, no unlock, they sad it would be done by close of play the next day, so I rang up again on Wednesday, no joy and was told to contact Samsung, which I did, they told me they do not give out unlock codes and told me to ring O2 back! I did, and O2 told me that because the phone was not bought direct from O2, they couldn't unlock it! So yesterday I went to Phones 4 U in the Meadowhall Centre to enquire if they could unlock it, the do not unlock phones and told me to go to O2, which I did, went in the shop, they told me to contact customer services on 202, I explained that I already have and they won't play ball!

All I want to do is unlock a flippin' phone that is out of contract so I can either sell it on eBay or keep it as a spare! Why is that so flippin' hard?!

I'm sorry but I have just about had it with O2 customer services, the live chat "Gurus" are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and the 202 service is also useless IMO.

* Edited for spelling,grammar and spacing typos*

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but whenever was not the answer, I need to put my SIM on the old phone for 24 hrs, then chat with them again, and then they'll do whatever they feel. O2 **bleep** to them

Message 31 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Message 32 of 61

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but whenever was not the answer, I need to put my SIM on the old phone for 24 hrs, then chat with them again, and then they'll do whatever they feel. O2 **bleep** to them

You were given a helpfuil, civil answer. If you choose not to take the advice, that's up to you. There's no need to use foul language. If you don't want to be banned from the forum, I suggest you stop it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 33 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, but whenever was not the answer, I need to put my SIM on the old phone for 24 hrs, then chat with them again, and then they'll do whatever they feel. O2 bolox to them

If the old phone (I assume the one you want to unlock) is no longer registered on the network, it can't be unlocked. I guess this is why they are asking you to activate the phone again with your SIM card so that the network can see the phone and action the unlock accordingly.

btw, there is no need for swear words. I understand you may be frustrated, but not everyone wants to read that kind of language wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 61

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Some people don't want/deserve help. The procedure to unlock has been pointed out to you, whether you choose to follow that advice is up to you. People are being remarkably civil to you under the circumstances of your general tone.

Message 35 of 61

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Can't wait for anotherannoyed2 to turn up! wink

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 36 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm now going through this. They won't unlock it and won't really give me an explanation why. The phone tom my o2 account was faulty and then replaced with the same model from and apple store. They're saying the same thing 'the imei doesn't match the one for the account'. Did you get your sorted int he end?
Message 37 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you made chargeable calls to latch the phone to your account ?
Message 38 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes - was using my phone on a pay monthly account for 20 months. They still say apple have to unlock it.
Message 39 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple won't touch a network locked iPhone.

Fill out the complaint form.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref%28user%29:str%28Rel...
Message 40 of 61