Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 use in France

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm am O2 Monthly customer.

I'm preparing for a trip to France in a few weeks time and whilstI#'m there I'll need to keep accessible and in contact with about a dozen UK numbers who will be in France at the same time.

Although I've got the O2 Travel bundle I'm still debating just taking an old functional phone, as i won't be data roaming. The problem I have with this is it's an old style sim card rather that the micro sim in my current phone

Is there any possibility of getting a normal size sim on the same number temporarily?

My other option would be to get a pay as you go sim and divert my current number to that - though I'm ont sure how this would work with O2 Travel etc... 

Can anyone advise?

Grateful for any other suggestions/insight on this.

Thank you

Chris 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Correct both ways. Tugo if it works reliably enough or an app from the original receiving phone.
When I do this I leave my receiving phone at home plugged into a timer set to charge for 2 hours a day and have all data, Wifi, GPS, BT etc turned off on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
This thread is now closed.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 22