Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Bill Due in -45 Days

mdaveis1983
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm not exactly sure where I need to go with this problem as I've already phoned O2 several times only to be told it would have to be raised with the technical team and somebody would get back to me. So far, despite the calls, nobody has come back to me... There are no email addresses listed anywhere so I'm hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction.

I am on a sharer plan but have not been billed for 2 months now. When I log into my account it says my bill is due in -45 days and my 'charges since last bill' is slowly climbing. Since I renewed my contract at the end of last year I've had a few problems with the plan and the O2 staff have made a bit of a mess out of everything so far as they freely admit that the sharer plan is very new and they're not 100% sure themselves.

Surely by not billing me O2 are breaking their own contract? I don't want to get in a situation where I'm hit with a £500 bill in a few months so I would rather get this sorted now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Only O2 can sort this mess out but in the meantime you can make payments via My O2, no need to let the charges mount up.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mdaveis1983 I hope this is all sorted now but let us know if there's anything we can help you with. The O2 Community is a great place to find advice and help from other customers about devices and O2 products and services. But remember there are no O2 Support Advisors here, so if you need assistance with your account you probably may need to contact an O2 Advisor.

Message 3 of 12

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Only O2 can sort this mess out but in the meantime you can make payments via My O2, no need to let the charges mount up.

Dont you risk them taking the DD eventually aswell if you pay manually though?

If its taking too long to sort it, put the monthly payments aside so that even if you do get hit with a few months payments in 1 go, you have the money

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulbacon wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Dont you risk them taking the DD eventually aswell if you pay manually though?

In that case you can ask the paying bank, (I.E. your bank), to immediately reclaim the payment made by Direct Debit.

http://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/Pages/DirectDebitGuarantee.aspx

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please do NOT follow the advice to reverse the direct debit. Rightly or wrongly all that will happen is that o2 may end up restricting your service and causing you more hassle.

The best advice would be to make your monthly payments to the plan either online or over the phone (i would call 202 and do it myself but that is just me) so that when the account is working correctly you won't get a large bill.

Would also recommend not using Live Chat to sort this out in future either (i know you haven't yet but again just saving you the risk of more pain).

Please let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

A direct debit will take the amount owed so if you make a payment (as long as it's a good 6 working days before the dd is due) the direct debit will take the reduced amount. No need to concern yourself with reversing it through the bank.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Please do NOT follow the advice to reverse the direct debit. Rightly or wrongly all that will happen is that o2 may end up restricting your service and causing you more hassle.

If O2 are in the habbit of abusing the Direct Debit scheme, then affected customers should complain in writing to their bank, and BACS payment schemes LTD who run the UK direct debit scheme.

Ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away.

The direct debit guarantee is a key part of the service.  To suggest that consumers just give up that right to have payments reversed is rediculous.

If customers do not use the Direct Debit guarantee because they feel threatened by the risk of restricted service and hassle from O2, they might want ask a lawyer to explain the legal term coercion.

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

A direct debit will take the amount owed so if you make a payment (as long as it's a good 6 working days before the dd is due) the direct debit will take the reduced amount. No need to concern yourself with reversing it through the bank.

I think this is the key..."as long as it's a good 6 working days before DD is due" This allows time for it to get into and clear the system....

(Good job in a previous life you dealt with these sort of things for O2 @jonsiewink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I think this is the key..."as long as it's a good 6 working days before DD is due" This allows time for it to get into and clear the system....

(Good job in a previous life you dealt with these sort of things for O2 @jonsiewink

I don't like to flash my credentials all over the forum to anyone willing to listen....:smileywink:

...by the way I am still in full time employment you know at the same financial institution tongue

Message 10 of 12