cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 unable to solve problem for 9 days

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, i have upgraded on 25.06. Received a new sim, next day activated but don't work. They send me another sim, same, don't work. Contacted O2 about 7-8 times online, all they telling me is wait another 24 hours. Went to O2 high street, they gave me the 3rd sim, activated, don't work. My iPhone 6 is perfect, tested with the staff's sim, it works. My sim don't. I'been at O2 about 5 times, they have no idea why i can't make and receive calls. O2 was unable to find the problem in 9 days, god knows how many missed calls i had. Any idea who can help me??? Ombudsman, citizen advice bureau?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you tried your sim in another phone? Are you near an Apple store so someone there can test the phone for you?

Have all these tests just been done in store? Are you able to either use a land line or a friend's phone to speak to O2 customer service? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is not an issue for the Ombudsman or Citizen's Advice. You would be wasting your time. This is something for customer service or Apple to sort out for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Have you tried your sim in another phone? Are you near an Apple store so someone there can test the phone for you?

Have all these tests just been done in store? Are you able to either use a land line or a friend's phone to speak to O2 customer service? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is not an issue for the Ombudsman or Citizen's Advice. You would be wasting your time. This is something for customer service or Apple to sort out for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you checked to see whether there is a service bar on the account stopping you from using the sim?

Otherwise as Bambino said, testing the sim in another phone to see whether it works is a good idea.
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I can only assume that there is an issue with your account, assuming your sim fails to work in any device?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely an account issue, no problem with the phone or sim. Call customer service and ask them if there are any bars on the account. Forget live chat, next to useless for account issues though if you go through the chat on the complaints page you will get through to a UK adviser.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have done most test. My sim don't work in O2's iPhone, but O2 staff's private sim works in my iPhone. My phone is perfect with other sims. I must have a bug in my account. Every time i contact C S they are re-activating, re re re activating my account and my sim, but it dosen't solve the problem. I don't think i need to go to apple to test my phone, because this problem is only since i've upgraded (9dyas ago) and when we inserted another sim, it was fine.

I've been with O2 for 15 years and never had any problem. But now, they charge me £20.00 a month for nothing.
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If your sim doesn't work in a different iPhone, then there's a problem with your account, which must have happened when you did your upgrade. If you have no other way of speaking to customer service, go back into the O2 store and they will call them for you. You won't get this resolved if you try to do this via Live Chat. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8