cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 to O2 porting problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just looking for some advice. I've upgraded to an iPhone 6 and am waiting for my old phone number to be ported over. I had no service on either phone for 3 hours yesterday. Today both work for making calls and receiving calls but messaging and voicemail isn't working on my new phone and more importantly I only have wifi and no data. As I'm still within O2 I'm surprised at the issues I'm getting. Is this normal? I've tried to speak to customer services but can't get through and live chat isn't working. If it's just a case of waiting a rough idea of time would be good. I was out in the dark on my own last night before I realised I didn't have a working phone so want to be sure of what's happening with the porting before I leave work!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
All now seems to be OK except for my online account has disappeared. Will sort eventually but thanks for the advice re the phone set up!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume youve sim swapped fine then if you've moved your O2 tariff and mobile number from your original sim to the Nano one. Via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Try turning the phone off and on.

Contact O2 Customer Services. 202 for Contract. 4445 for PAYG to ensure the sim swap has gone through ok and check your masts via http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Technically you aren't pouring,  just doing a sim swap. Once done, only the new sim should be connected to the network as the old sim should be dead. 

Something is wrong  if both sim are live. If you have done the sim swap the old sim first loses signal.At that stage you should use only the new phone and sim, switching off and on at 15 minute intervals until the original number is transferred over.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please make sure they have completed this process properly as I before have been in a sticky situation because of O2 and then not swapping my number over correctly which resulted in me having no service for 3 days. Keep on trying with CS and in the meantime keep restarting your phone to see if anything picks up
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes the sim swapped fine. The new phone has been switched on and off a few times. I'll keep trying with customer services! My old phone no longer has any service according to the screen but when someone rings my new phone the old one rings as well! I've switched the old one off now but being reliant on the new phone only is difficult when I only have partial service.
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
All now seems to be OK except for my online account has disappeared. Will sort eventually but thanks for the advice re the phone set up!
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

It can take a couple  of  days  for the online account to be set up. As long as you are using the correct log in details set  up by O2  you should be fine.Glad you are sorted☺

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's good to hear things are settling now for you and hopefully you can get back to enjoying your phone / service.
Message 9 of 9