cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pay of remaining phone credit and leave

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 165 left to pay for my phone on pay monthly, it gives me the option to pay it off and upgrade but i just want to pay it off and leave o2. Can this be done online?

thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to call 202 and choose the option for disconnections, they will sort everything out for you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

You need to call 202 and choose the option for disconnections, they will sort everything out for you.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the reply, i am on o2 refresh and the £165 is the balance for the phone. Am i correct in thinking that if i pay this off i can just leave without any further payments?

Chris

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, and you can also get a new phone or change to a sim only.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll still have to pay any remaining months airtime that you're contracted to as well if theirs any remaining months left on contract
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

As your on the Refresh Tariff then follow rosadosc' advice.

Their is no airtime left to pay on this type of contract when you've paid off the handset plan and give notice to end it.

You can either ask for a PAC Code on paying in order to transfer your mobile number to another network ,or you can also ask for the account to be made to a Payg version, as well as a sim only 30 day or 12 month contract as excellently advised by rosadosc.

Please do check out alternative Networks via their own payg sim cards to ensure they give a good signal where you live , work and commute.

May I offer the following Tip :

if your current phone is locked to O2 SIM cards then perhaps unlock so it works on all other Networks for free ,before you end the contract ,so you can use it on other Networks ,or increase its street value of you intend to sell it on.

Unlock Form ->

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Take care.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous say I've signed a two year contract on refresh for a £300 phone and £20 per month airtime. If I paid £300 on the second month I could walk away from the two year £20 per month airtime contract?
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
@jonsie thanks for clarifying. Cheers.

@Anonymous it's all sorted now. No need to answer
Message 9 of 9