cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 to O2 migration

Anonymous
Not applicable

First post .Be gentle.

I'm on a 12 month SIM only contract expiring June 30th.I've found a good cashback O2 2 year contract deal at mobiles.co.uk.I wish to keep my number.

I hear,unlike other networks, O2 allows to transfer/port/migrate my current number to the new O2 contract tariff taken from third party.

Is this true?

If so what are the steps to be taken?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 is right (as always wink )

You can move the number from one O2 contract to another at any point, but it will termiante the first contract so if you do it before 30/06/13 then you will need to pay the remaining line rental.

More info at o2.co.uk/keepmynumber but to go from contract to contract you will need to give customer services a call on 202 and speak to the recontracting team slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes just get your new deal then swap your number over via cs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanx.

Do I have to talk to them before I take the deal(I don't want to hear "it's not possible", after taking a 2 year contract!!)

Is there a time period, when they allow this transfer eg: within a month of taking the new contract etc? If not, I can take the deal now and transfer on June 30(I have to stay in the current contract till the end as this is also a cashback deal)

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You still own the number whilst in contract. You can transfer it at any time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5 is right (as always wink )

You can move the number from one O2 contract to another at any point, but it will termiante the first contract so if you do it before 30/06/13 then you will need to pay the remaining line rental.

More info at o2.co.uk/keepmynumber but to go from contract to contract you will need to give customer services a call on 202 and speak to the recontracting team slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both very much.

Why don't other networks allow this?Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cause we are totally amazing! Smiley Very Happy

Haha - but as far as I am aware, other networks do offer this.

Message 7 of 7