cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 signal rubbish

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with O2 for about 17 years now, and in the last year the signal in my area has be terrible.
On sim only contract and as I can't get data in my area I phoned to try and cancel the account, but cheeky buggers wanted the equivalent of £20 a month till contract ends, even when I only pay £16 a month. 😡😡😡
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your wifi problem is nothing to do with O2
#justsaying wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

la7
Level 4: Observant
  • 181 Posts
  • 36 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the county of Monmouthshire Wales most of which is rural o2 have the best 2g coverage but if you want data it will have to be EE or 3 but for 2G o2 wins Also 4g is planned for some areas to,

Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my existing contract with O2 for approx 18 months (and have been a longstanding customer for much longer than that) and since I have been spending time with family regularly in the North East of England the signal has been awful. I cannot use my phone in my son's house or indeed in the immediate vicinity outside it. It is not a particularly rural area and there are many houses in the vicinity. It seems wrong that I do not receive the full enjoyment of my contract with O2 and that I am constantly out of touch with my family and friends at an important time in my life when I need their support. I am retired and currently experiencing some ill health following an operation so keeping in touch is really important to me. I am tied to a contract for which I no longer see any benefit which seems unfair in contractual terms don't you think? It seems immoral to have to pay to leave a contract for which you cannot enjoy the benefits of. I fulfil my obligation by paying my account - isn't it a shame that O2 cannot fulfil theirs...

Message 24 of 26

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had my existing contract with O2 for approx 18 months (and have been a longstanding customer for much longer than that) and since I have been spending time with family regularly in the North East of England the signal has been awful. I cannot use my phone in my son's house or indeed in the immediate vicinity outside it. It is not a particularly rural area and there are many houses in the vicinity. It seems wrong that I do not receive the full enjoyment of my contract with O2 and that I am constantly out of touch with my family and friends at an important time in my life when I need their support. I am retired and currently experiencing some ill health following an operation so keeping in touch is really important to me. I am tied to a contract for which I no longer see any benefit which seems unfair in contractual terms don't you think? It seems immoral to have to pay to leave a contract for which you cannot enjoy the benefits of. I fulfil my obligation by paying my account - isn't it a shame that O2 cannot fulfil theirs...

You can use Tugo though http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 26

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Sorry for you circumstances and hope your health improves. If Tugo isn't the answer then unfortunately in this harsh world you will have no option but to pay off your contract if you want to leave O2. If you are on Refresh  you can just pay off the handset and give 30 days notice for the air time otherwise it's 6 months times your monthly tariff if on a 2 year contract. 

Message 26 of 26