cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 signal rubbish

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with O2 for about 17 years now, and in the last year the signal in my area has be terrible.
On sim only contract and as I can't get data in my area I phoned to try and cancel the account, but cheeky buggers wanted the equivalent of £20 a month till contract ends, even when I only pay £16 a month. 😡😡😡
Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
but cheeky buggers wanted the equivalent of £20 a month till contract ends, even when I only pay £16 a month. 😡😡😡

You've either been mis-informed or mis-understood.

It's the number of months x your monthly payment and the amount will also be shown in your My O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They will only want the amount outstanding on the contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are most likely upgrading the network to 4G this happening all over the country & signal is slightly down because of the upgrading work due to finish in 2017 I believe
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 143444 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
but cheeky buggers wanted the equivalent of £20 a month till contract ends, even when I only pay £16 a month. 😡😡😡

You've either been mis-informed or mis-understood.

It's the number of months x your monthly payment and the amount will also be shown in your My O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 26

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Is that a figure you've guessed at or miscalculated your remaining minimum term? 

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Miscalculated I think but as @MI5 has said check in your myo2 account as that will tell you the amount you have left to pay
Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous I don't suppose you have any factual information about your statement? It will help me tremendously if so. Thanks
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
What seems to be the trouble
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll paste what I put in another thread:

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and since the beginning of April I'm having this same exact issue, 4G is also not available in my area but I'm getting it on both my N4 and iPad Air 2.

Network Services believe I shouldn't be receiving 4G and they're looking into it, this has caused me some serious issues because I've recently gone self employed and I'm working from home now and I'm missing alot of calls now as they tend to go straight to Voicemail or the other person gets unavailable tone. I full well know that o2 cannot provide me a coverage everywhere but going from a poor signal for 12 months to a now non existent one is very frustrating! The TuGo app doesn't solve my issue but enhances my poor signal due to it not kicking in when it should.

I'm currently liaising with the Executive Office about this so I'm hoping they can resolve my issue or at least we can come to a satisfactory resolution.
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you switch from 4G to 2G in your settings.

@MI5 or @jonsie maybe able to help re tUGo.

Do you have a call divert set
Message 10 of 26