Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruined my credit score / ombudsman

Some
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’ve posted on here before (about 6 weeks ago) when I realised O2 had ruined my credit score. They keep saying I’m missing payments of £5.80 on my credit score file each month. This all started when I swapped from their old system to new system. 

I received an email for a final payment reminder email back in April which was the first I had heard I owed £5.80. I phoned the following day after receiving this email and complained how they can only send one email and threaten you if you don’t pay. The lady confirmed by email they’ll pay the £5.80 and it wouldn’t affect my credit score. She didn’t action what was needed to be done and now each month on my credit score it’s saying I missed a payment. My score went from excellent to poor and I’m furious.

I have called 02 and spent hours and hours on the phone, literally no one will help and all incompetent. Margaret Aitken Was meant to get back to me once resolved it, never did. Another lady was meant to get back to me and didn’t. Twice mangers were meant to call me back and didn’t. I’ve emailed numerous complaints to the complaints department and credit file email address. Not one response from them. 

All of a sudden on phone calls to the 360 department they wanted to send me an email with verification code to get through security to then help me. Usually they’d ask a security question. Anyway I wouldn’t receive the email and they’d say they couldn’t talk to me anymore. Turns out they had the wrong email address on their system, which is very strange.

I then had to go to an 02 shop as the people on the phone said I need to get verified in store. When I was in the store I had to call O2 customer service and when I was at the point where I was asked to be sent an email with verification code on I then passed the phone over to the guy in the shop to verify it was me. And now I’m verified the guy couldn’t change the incorrect email address on his system so still can’t get passed security. He was meant to call back two days ago but didn’t. I don’t believe this and I so angry that no one can resolve my issue. They keep saying they’re actioning things but don’t. 

I can’t wait for the 8 weeks to be up from my first complaint with them to then seek help with financial ombudsman. I need this sorting asap as I need a loan but with my credit score so bad I can’t even attempt it. 

I can’t stand 02 and just want to leave them and post wherever I can about them as it’s disgusting how they treat you. Their trust pilot reviews are horrendous too.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Blues63
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can I ask have you had the phone issue resolved as we are going through the same issue and my partner credit file and our health it’s being horrific hours on the phone 

I work within escalating issue back office and I struggled to understand why they keep all the complaints in house I.E. head office supposedly don’t know 
I know how these issues are meant to be dealt with yet it doesn’t 

well we will see I won’t be beaten 02 

Message 21 of 26

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Blues63 

As this is now quite an old thread, you need to tag whoever you are asking your question of so that they see it. I guess that it is @Some and @Astro that you have in mind ? 

Message 22 of 26

N1k22
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Some I am currently going through pretty much the same issue as yourself.

I returned a device within the 14 day return period in October 2023 and they keep reporting missed payments on a closed account on my credit file. 

I have spoken to numerous people at O2 telling my account is in credit by £2.40 and because it's on the old system they can't access it, the £2.40 has to be paid back to me for the account to show £0.00 for them to do anything apparently... Still waiting... I have Spent hours upon hours on the phone to get put through to different departments and have to explain everything over and over.

I'm so stressed and just sat in tears it's ruining my life as I can no longer get credit I don't know which way to turn anymore and have to give up calling them now as it's taking over my life! I can't sleep and is causing me problems within my family and with my partner.

I really hope @Some you got your issue resolved 🙏

Message 23 of 26

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@N1k22 

You need to contact O2 again. Unfortunately, this is a customer to customer community so we cannot access your account.

O2 have a complaints procedure :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

If you do lodge a complaint, please note that it is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and issue a material response to complaints. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 👍

Message 24 of 26

LuK8
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@N1k22 @Did you get this resolved as I have just found similar on my credit report 

Message 25 of 26

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36539 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

@LuK8 wrote:

@N1k22 @Did you get this resolved as I have just found similar on my credit report 

Does this help, @LuK8 :

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-have-messed-up-my-credit-score/m-p/1702...

And if you need it: 

The email address is creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Or unconfirmed amendmentteam@o2.com
You can write to or fax them:
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

Message 26 of 26