Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 ruined my credit score / ombudsman

Some
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’ve posted on here before (about 6 weeks ago) when I realised O2 had ruined my credit score. They keep saying I’m missing payments of £5.80 on my credit score file each month. This all started when I swapped from their old system to new system. 

I received an email for a final payment reminder email back in April which was the first I had heard I owed £5.80. I phoned the following day after receiving this email and complained how they can only send one email and threaten you if you don’t pay. The lady confirmed by email they’ll pay the £5.80 and it wouldn’t affect my credit score. She didn’t action what was needed to be done and now each month on my credit score it’s saying I missed a payment. My score went from excellent to poor and I’m furious.

I have called 02 and spent hours and hours on the phone, literally no one will help and all incompetent. Margaret Aitken Was meant to get back to me once resolved it, never did. Another lady was meant to get back to me and didn’t. Twice mangers were meant to call me back and didn’t. I’ve emailed numerous complaints to the complaints department and credit file email address. Not one response from them. 

All of a sudden on phone calls to the 360 department they wanted to send me an email with verification code to get through security to then help me. Usually they’d ask a security question. Anyway I wouldn’t receive the email and they’d say they couldn’t talk to me anymore. Turns out they had the wrong email address on their system, which is very strange.

I then had to go to an 02 shop as the people on the phone said I need to get verified in store. When I was in the store I had to call O2 customer service and when I was at the point where I was asked to be sent an email with verification code on I then passed the phone over to the guy in the shop to verify it was me. And now I’m verified the guy couldn’t change the incorrect email address on his system so still can’t get passed security. He was meant to call back two days ago but didn’t. I don’t believe this and I so angry that no one can resolve my issue. They keep saying they’re actioning things but don’t. 

I can’t wait for the 8 weeks to be up from my first complaint with them to then seek help with financial ombudsman. I need this sorting asap as I need a loan but with my credit score so bad I can’t even attempt it. 

I can’t stand 02 and just want to leave them and post wherever I can about them as it’s disgusting how they treat you. Their trust pilot reviews are horrendous too.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36428 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1620 Solutions

Sounds awful, @Some - have you also tried to get things corrected by contacting the credit reference agencies themselves?

https://www.checkmyfile.com/

1000007379.png

A two-pronged approach may be needed, as clearly the O2 process is taking far too long. Good luck!

Message 2 of 26

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is awful and very stressful, credit scores are very important and horrible how they’ve destroyed mine. I haven’t as I need to follow O2 complaints procedure and then I can hopefully go to town on them after the 8 weeks of no success with them. I wish I could broadcast to everyone how bad O2 are and not to go with them. One person I spoke to on the customer service line didn’t even know what a credit score was. She was from Cape Town and from a company called Capita who O2 have contracted them to help with customer service help line. It’s completely out of my control as literally no one will help or they say they’ll help and don’t. 

Message 3 of 26

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Some 

Credit scores are a made up number designed to sell you products, what you need to be worried about is your credit file, and that is what you need to resolve and the advice by @pgn is going to be the best way to do it, go through the CRA's and also put a note of correction on the file. 

Also use resolver.co.uk as that seems to get answers..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 26

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your response, what is a ‘note of correction’? Do I need to contact all the CRA’s?

Message 5 of 26

Some
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also each month that goes by on my credit file it’s saying I missed a payment so I’m guessing O2 needs to rectify this because even if I make a dispute with the CRA’s it won’t change the missed payment that keeps appearing each month. O2 are rubbish and luckily I have an email saying they would clear the money and it wouldn’t affect my credit file as it’s their fault. 

Message 6 of 26

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

o2 are a joke …I returned an item in sept 2022 and o2 have sent two different debt collectors for 14 months before admitting the error….200 points worth of default on my credit file and no accountability even though I have all correspondence proving they are negligent….i have to wait 8 weeks after 14 months of harassment for no reason….hope you get it sorted but it seems to be a common theme with o2 

Message 7 of 26

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Some 

@Astro 

This might or might not work, but have you considered using Google to ascertain the details of the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) of O2, and then sending an e-mail to that person. I have heard that sometimes such e-mails get ignored, but on other occasions, an "executive complaints' team" get involved. I suggest that it is worth a try.   

Message 8 of 26

Astro
  • 23 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mr Evans you mean….yes I emailed him and a few others …you never know ..anything is worth a try 

thank you 

Message 9 of 26

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6280 Posts
  • 111 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Astro 

Agreed.

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 10 of 26