Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 recycle

Fran
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I just upgraded and took my phone into an o2 store to recycle, where the customer advisor checked the phone made sure it worked and gave me a receipt to say it is perfect. Today I had an email to tell me that the screen showed discoloured/shading. I am not happy about this as the screen did not even have as much as a scratch on it, the customer adviser turned my phone on and checked it all, there was nothing wrong with the phone at all and now they are trying to knock 130. Of the price The reason I took it to the store was because I knew nothing was wrong with the phone and didn’t want to chance sending it of in the post as I have heard stories of this happening. As a loyal o2 customer this has made me upset.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Fran 

It's a well known scam from these sharks.

Ask them to return the phone to you then take it to CEX to recycle it.

This forum has many similar posts to yours unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Fran 

It's a well known scam from these sharks.

Ask them to return the phone to you then take it to CEX to recycle it.

This forum has many similar posts to yours unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

JamieB14
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 186 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Agree with @MI5.

These happens with many phone recycler's, often advising of issues after you send them the phone, just hoping that you accept and then in in turn they earn a few extra quid.

Best to take it to CEX for a valuation, they often offer better deals than most too!
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check the IMEI number when you get it back and chec for intentional damage.

Message 4 of 4