cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 prepay wap mms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else on payg just got a text from 2030 number saying "we are about to send you settings so you can use O2 prepay WAP and Prepay mms. Please save and activate them if asked"?

Then followed by a settings cog thingy popping up (which I haven't yet clicked on), now another text saying "your phone should now be set up. If you have any problems try switching your handset off/on. If you need to get settings again text ACTIVE to 2020"

I have been o nthe same O2 tariff (ancient text and web) for oh...4 years or so. Why now?

Cheers

T

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I heard back from the O2 team and they have confirmed that the message you received is a normal settings update and nothing to worry about. Any further questions please let me know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Maybe they updated their apn settings?
If your phone is working OK just ignore it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I got sent the same settings three weeks ago on my P&G sim. As I don't use mms I just ignored it.

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124238 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Well I got it on My Note 4...and as it was already set up I just ignored it as well...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah I have just ignored it and phone seems to be working ok

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
I wouldn't worry about it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I'm sure it was an official text but if you want I can ask the team to confirm this for you? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Anonymous I'm sure it was an official text but if you want I can ask the team to confirm this for you? 

yes please @Martin-O2 that would be great

Message 8 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

No problem @Anonymous I'll ask now and mention you in this thread once I have a response. 

signature

Message 9 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous I heard back from the O2 team and they have confirmed that the message you received is a normal settings update and nothing to worry about. Any further questions please let me know. 

signature

Message 10 of 12