Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in Europe

StaceyL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m going to Spain on 27th feb and as the Uk is no longer part of Europe - I was wondering if I can still use my data the same as the uk like I used to be able to? I want to avoid a ridiculous phone bill when I get home! TIA 😂
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @StaceyL 

You can still use it the same as if you were at home in the UK. There will be no changes for at least 11 months. Guide: Roaming MegaGuide and https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @StaceyL 

You can still use it the same as if you were at home in the UK. There will be no changes for at least 11 months. Guide: Roaming MegaGuide and https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

The transition period

There is now a transition period until the end of 2020 while the UK and EU negotiate additional arrangements.

The current rules on trade, travel, and business for the UK and EU will continue to apply during the transition period.

New rules will take effect on 1 January 2021.

Message 3 of 6

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Firstly, the UK is still and always will be part of Europe as we are a European Country. Geographically, that can't change. We are no longer part of the European Union.

I would like to think that there will be a deal made between mobile networks across the continent so that we can still use our phones within Europe at no extra cost seeing as non-EU countries that are part of Europe were included in the Europe Zone anyway. Fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 6

StaceyL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I meant the EU not Europe - that’s what you get for writing late at night when your brain is on over load! Thanks everyone for the info 😊
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Have a great time in Spain @StaceyL ! slight_smile

Message 6 of 6