cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have ruined my credit rating and it’s their error!!!!!

Ginag_81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To say I am fuming with o2 is an understatement!!!!

June 2018, I took out a mobile phone contract I was then upsold a tablet but was given incorrect advice (as later found out!)

I fully paid off and cancelled the tablet device and air plan (which was around £15 for both) in December 2017. I double, triple and quadruple checked with them that all had been paid and that I was not going to get a nasty surprise. I was assured that everything had been sorted and no nasty surprises were going to happen and the account had been terminated and closed.

I asked them to send this in writing, but they couldn’t for some pathetic reason. That in itself is ludicrous.

On Friday (01/06/2018) I received a letter from a debt collection agency telling me I owed £165 (£145 to O2 and £20 admin fee). I checked my credit rating and it showed 2 late payments for April and May!!!!

I called o2 & they said oh we can see you cancelled it but we don’t understand why this is happening!!! So they put a credit on my account so the next payment doesn’t show as another late payment. I asked them to take it off my file which she said couldn’t happen until the payment cycle had finished and would take a while. I explained that I was in middle of a mortgage process and this would hugely affect me in getting that mortgage!!!!! So I asked if she could just email the outlines to me so I could show the mortgage provider that this is not due to me making late payments. She said yes of course.

By the following Wednesday, I had still not received an email. I called o2 again. This time I was told that nothing could be emailed and I would have to send an email to ask for the transcript, which could take 40 days. 40 days!!!! I don’t have 40 days. I was then given the email address for the credit referral team to ask for these late payments to be taken off my account. I’ve promtly wrote to them only to have the email returned!!!!! Seriously!!!!! (And no, I haven’t typed it incorrectly)

I asked again why this had happened. Apparently they couldn’t understand why and could only surmise that when I terminated my contract the colleague pressed upgrade to sim rather than close the account!!!! Great thanks for that o2 and thanks for failing to communicate any such thing to me so I could have queried it a couple of months ago to stop it getting this far.

I am beyond annoyed. This is o2’s massive error due to their inadequacies which could cost me and my family the mortgage on a house and they can’t do anything about it immediately. How can this be allowed to happen??? They should be able to take these late payments off my file straight away and give a months free on my phone contract, not just pass it off as nothing and expect me to do all the running around.

This company is a joke. A disgusting way to treat its customers. I have been wth o2 for about 10 years!!!! I would love to cancel my phone contract, but sadly, I don’t trust that they are able to terminate the contract properly.

It also seems I am not the only person this has happened too after reading a number of comments & doing a bit of digging. Surely this should be reported to Watchdog as this is simoly not fair. Why should I have my mortgage jeopardised for their massive error. They should have a timescale in which they have to have it sorted by eg 7 days at most!!!

I hate how these large corporates think they can treat customers however they want with no repercussions. As long as they have your money, in their eyes it doesn’t matter how they treAt you.

O2 you are a disgrace.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865
Note, this is only a FAX number, not a phone number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 33

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Ginag_81 wrote:

Thank you @Bambino I appreciate this is an O2 customer to customer community and I am not speaking directly to O2, but I think the community should be fully aware of their unfair "mishaps" which they do not give two s**ts. I will take a look at the line, however I imagine it would just be completely ignored anyway!

Unfortunately, @Ginag_81, you are not the first to have posted a credit rating horror story, and I daresay you won't be the last.

I can also see that although the community admin have been tagged, they usually respond but no one has. So all I can suggest is to persevere with your complaint. Use the Resolver link first. You won't be ignored.  

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Ginag_81 I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had. I'm going to escalate your case to try and get this sorted as soon as possible for you. I'll need a few details so I'll send you a private message. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 33

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Ginag_81 I can feel what you're going through right now, I was in a similar situation a few years ago with TalkTalk, but with a little bit of perseverance in your part will turn thing around in your favour, do not dismay and try to talk with the right people directly with Telefonica's CEO Mark Evans 

But firs contact O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

All the very best to you and family disappointed_relieved

Keep it UP

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 14 of 33

Ginag_81
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 thank you - I  have answered your email

Message 15 of 33

Ginag_81
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Tsidkenu1es Thank you. Sorry to hear you have also had a similar experience. It just shouldn't be allowed. I will keep on until something happens, I just hope we do not lose our mortgage because of their errors!! 

Message 16 of 33

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you put a note of correction on your credit files in the meantime? Might help?

Message 17 of 33

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Ginag_81 I've replied and your case has been escalated. I'll get back to you the moment I get a response. 

Thanks to everyone for helping out on this thread! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Ginag_81 I've replied and your case has been escalated. I'll get back to you the moment I get a response. 

Thanks to everyone for helping out on this thread! 

Hope it gets sorted soon @Martin-O2 and @Ginag_81

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 33

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions