cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have ruined my credit rating and it’s their error!!!!!

Ginag_81
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To say I am fuming with o2 is an understatement!!!!

June 2018, I took out a mobile phone contract I was then upsold a tablet but was given incorrect advice (as later found out!)

I fully paid off and cancelled the tablet device and air plan (which was around £15 for both) in December 2017. I double, triple and quadruple checked with them that all had been paid and that I was not going to get a nasty surprise. I was assured that everything had been sorted and no nasty surprises were going to happen and the account had been terminated and closed.

I asked them to send this in writing, but they couldn’t for some pathetic reason. That in itself is ludicrous.

On Friday (01/06/2018) I received a letter from a debt collection agency telling me I owed £165 (£145 to O2 and £20 admin fee). I checked my credit rating and it showed 2 late payments for April and May!!!!

I called o2 & they said oh we can see you cancelled it but we don’t understand why this is happening!!! So they put a credit on my account so the next payment doesn’t show as another late payment. I asked them to take it off my file which she said couldn’t happen until the payment cycle had finished and would take a while. I explained that I was in middle of a mortgage process and this would hugely affect me in getting that mortgage!!!!! So I asked if she could just email the outlines to me so I could show the mortgage provider that this is not due to me making late payments. She said yes of course.

By the following Wednesday, I had still not received an email. I called o2 again. This time I was told that nothing could be emailed and I would have to send an email to ask for the transcript, which could take 40 days. 40 days!!!! I don’t have 40 days. I was then given the email address for the credit referral team to ask for these late payments to be taken off my account. I’ve promtly wrote to them only to have the email returned!!!!! Seriously!!!!! (And no, I haven’t typed it incorrectly)

I asked again why this had happened. Apparently they couldn’t understand why and could only surmise that when I terminated my contract the colleague pressed upgrade to sim rather than close the account!!!! Great thanks for that o2 and thanks for failing to communicate any such thing to me so I could have queried it a couple of months ago to stop it getting this far.

I am beyond annoyed. This is o2’s massive error due to their inadequacies which could cost me and my family the mortgage on a house and they can’t do anything about it immediately. How can this be allowed to happen??? They should be able to take these late payments off my file straight away and give a months free on my phone contract, not just pass it off as nothing and expect me to do all the running around.

This company is a joke. A disgusting way to treat its customers. I have been wth o2 for about 10 years!!!! I would love to cancel my phone contract, but sadly, I don’t trust that they are able to terminate the contract properly.

It also seems I am not the only person this has happened too after reading a number of comments & doing a bit of digging. Surely this should be reported to Watchdog as this is simoly not fair. Why should I have my mortgage jeopardised for their massive error. They should have a timescale in which they have to have it sorted by eg 7 days at most!!!

I hate how these large corporates think they can treat customers however they want with no repercussions. As long as they have your money, in their eyes it doesn’t matter how they treAt you.

O2 you are a disgrace.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Az1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi , i am in the same situation 02 HAVE LEFT A MARKER on my EXPERIAN which has now stopped me from obtaining my mortgage , I am oblivious to this marker as i have a pay monthly sim which has always been paid on time . I would like to put in a formal complaint and purse this via the legal route as this is really stressful.  

Message 31 of 33

Az1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to let everyone know , I taken out a pay monthly sim in 2018 i paid this each month via direct debit the payments have always been on time never late . On 21/05/2022 after a bank mortgage meeting they advised the following marker was on My Experian credit report -  FRAUD QUERIES :02 FRAUD TEAM ,SUITE N,ABC,MILLSHAW PARK LANE,LEEDS,LS11 ONE, NON FRAUD QUERIES, CREDIT FILE REFFERALS,SUITE P, ARLINGTON BUSINESS CENTRE ,MILLSHAW PARK LANE,LEEDS,LS11 ONE ,

They have brought to my attention of the above which i then searched and seen the above marker on my credit report which resulted in the application for my mortgage being declined 😞  i was astonished as i have never owed any one money or taken out any form of credit and paid my 02 monthly bill on time , So today 22/05/2022 i have spoken with 02 customer service advisor which advised me there was nothing showing or owing on there side i then asked the question ? Has anyone tried obtaining anything on my name or any other address via my personal details they replied No, I am now confused stressed and very concerned to why this marker is on my credit report ? i am looking at pursuing this via legal channel involving the ombudsman . As this has ruined my life and now caused me medical issues .I am so stressed and confused to why this has happened i have lost out on a house sale and declined mortgage application .

Message 32 of 33

Alex36
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I got a call from a lender and they informed me, that on my credit file is marked DECEASED on an o2 contract opened 2016. The update with DECEASED is made in 2022 february.  I'm still alive and nothing happens to me.  The contract is settled long time ago. this looking like my first contract with o2.  Somebody who can help me with this please?   will affect my credit a lot, and i don't want !!!!   maybe an email where to tell them and have that marked removed. Thanks 

Message 33 of 33