Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 blocking texts from my Greek bank

Ruth1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else having this problem. I am trying to do some banking at my Piraeus Bank and they send texts to complet the transactions. My texts are getting blocked by O2. Has anyone else experienced this. Does anyone know if other networks are the same?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Helenhawkins
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you M15, 2 separate calls to O2 each lasting over an hour and 3 calls to Piraeus Bank today. O2 blame Piraeus, Piraeus blame O2. However, this seems to be an ongoing issue as I have found many posts regarding it, some dating back 2 years. Both Piraeus and O2 have opened tickets with their tech teams. O2 are sending a new sim (just in case)? The codes are urgently required to authenticate my wife as the Managing Director of our Greek hotel so that a government business covid loan can be applied for before the deadline. If Piraeus and O2 don't work together to sort this out them my wife will have to fly to Corfu this Friday! The business can all be done via the phone if the damn codes would simply come through. And all because of a technical issue that shouldnt still be a technical issue after 2 years in the know! Shame on O2. 15+ years with them as well.
Message 11 of 12

Paul-H
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had the same problem, but now solved by 02 engineers, just out of interest, why don't you get a pay as you go Greek sim, very easy, no problem then with receiving texts, just an idea for you, hope you get it sorted.

Message 12 of 12