Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J4 + Text Message Problem

Paul-H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung J4 +, every few weeks it stops receiving text messages, the only way around this is to come of the network, manually search for new provider, register on network, then change back to automatically connect, text will then come flooding in till next time, or i have to contact chat tech support who will eventually send push message, texts start working again, does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this issue, or is it hammer time 🙂

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul-H 

Get a new sim from your local o2 store.

They will swap it for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul-H 

Get a new sim from your local o2 store.

They will swap it for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Paul-H
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply, me and 02 not on good footing at present, but will try when back from work 🙂

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome and best of luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

Paul-H
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have to admit i am impressed with 02, thought i would contact them again about the text message problem, extremely helpful, was told engineer would contact us within 5 days, 3 hours later got a call, they are looking into it. Next day another call, if we can't solve it we will be in touch again to discuss options. Impressed, very good communication, and follow ups, yesterday got a text from 02, we have solved your issues, please let us know if any more problems. Works fine, texts now received, and being sent with no issues, so thank you 02, a happy customer again relievedsmiling

Message 5 of 5