Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 blocking texts from my Greek bank

Ruth1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is anyone else having this problem. I am trying to do some banking at my Piraeus Bank and they send texts to complet the transactions. My texts are getting blocked by O2. Has anyone else experienced this. Does anyone know if other networks are the same?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have you checked your spam folder as sometimes they get diverted there.
I'm not aware that it's possible for O2 to block texts from anywhere so check with your bank too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Ruth1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. O2 have admitted that they can see the text coming into their network but for some unknown reason they aren't getting to me. They also tell me that I am not the only person to complain about this. I made a complaint 8 days ago and nothing has been done. I was on the phone to O2 for amost an hour yesterday and got nowhere. I don't think they understand how important this is for me to be able to do banking transactions. I think I'm going to have to leave O2 and go to another network. This is a shame as I've been with them 20 years! Thanks for the advice though. Ruth

Message 3 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Ruth1, sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with this. Have you made any progress since you last posted? 

Message 4 of 12

Ruth1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not solved at all. No contact from o2. Still not working. Today I went to buy a cheap phone from EE and I received the text I needed from my Greek bank- no problem at all. As soon as my contract is finished with O2 I’m leaving them, which is sad as I’ve been with them over 20 years! But this was so important I couldn’t wait for them any longer. 😕
Message 5 of 12

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @Ruth1! Do you know if they have checked for any premium bars on your account? It's worth checking just in case the text message is getting caught in that, especially if it's coming from a shortcode. Happy to look into it further if you'd like so we can at least rule that option out - I'll drop you a quick PM to get a few additional details.

Message 6 of 12

ChrisRetsinas
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same issue with Winbank - can someone at O2 pls help out?
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
@Marjo ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Helenhawkins
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issues. Please help its very urgent! You have my login details. Thank you

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Helenhawkins 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12