Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are a joke

Jo9200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been waiting 7 weeks for a sim swap to go through I have half old number and half new rendering phone nearly useless. I have raised 7 complaints and spent well over 100 hours on hold and on phone. Customer services can’t help 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7671 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

Major Porting problems are common on here.

Regretfully as we are all customers here with no O2 input there is very little we can do.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11145 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@Jo9200 

So you have been trying to port your number in from another network, and it sounds like a split port, which means o2 need to liase with the network you are porting from.. 

There is nothing anyone can do here, as this is a CUSTOMER TO CUSTOMER community, but if you have raised 7 complaints then expect a reply in about 56 weeks as o2 are taking upto 8 weeks to come back to you, and you will just cause more problems by constantly raisng complaints...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 7

Jo9200
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No from one o2 sim to another that’s why it’s a joke 

Message 4 of 7

Jo9200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did a sim swap and my keep number has half gone over so I can ring from the keep number but I can’t send texts, but also can’t log in to my o2 ap as it wants to send a verification text to the sim number that does let exist anymore only on there records. My bills are texted to keep number but when I ring o2 they have no record of it so have to go in with sim number and get verification message sent my email as they can only send it to that, 🙄

Message 5 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37989 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1725 Solutions

Tried the Social Media route, @Jo9200? Link below has X, Insta and FB links. They need a nudge now and then, but are local to the UK and know their stuff, once you get engagement.

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8571 Posts
  • 186 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Jo9200 

The suggestion made by @pgn might work, but do not be surprised if you do not get very far.

As you will have an open complaint flagged on your record, you are likely to find that other O2 teams are either unwilling or unable to engage with you until the complaints' team finalise their investigation and issue their conclusion. 👍   

Message 7 of 7