Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drs

Pipstop78
Level 11: Motivator
  • 627 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

So the other week I put in a econsult for my drs surgery I got app quite straight away took bloods and that it was okay. But I ended up putting another econsult in for the same thing I went to see the Dr about only a few weeks ago mind though I didn't get to the Dr I had to see the nurse practitioner who I don't like!! Short story next available app is the 30th July at 08.14am it's a utter joke in my drs surgery any one else have the same problem 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Pipstop78 

I think every doctors surgery is different and has variable ways of working.

Our surgery only has one GP and when he's off they use locums. Also have two Advanced Nurse Practitioners who are great.

As I have 'aged' and with various medical issues, I do need to use my GP service more nowadays.

My GP knows I'm a retired nurse so rarely refuses any requests I make.

I also made sure I built up a great relationship with all the receptionists. They 'hold the key' to getting in to see a Dr and some do offer great advice.

A lot of people I know, resent the receptionists and feel their medical needs are none of their business. WRONG!! The receptionists need to know what's wrong with you so they can assess if your issue is urgent enough to see the GP face to face or have a telephone consult.

I do know a many GP practices work like yours, offering appointments so far into the future that it's bloody ridiculous.

I'm lucky , in that mine isn't like that. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8900 Posts
  • 200 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Is that not part of the problem @Cleoriff, that there is such inconsistency in how surgeries operate even in the same town or city ?  

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

Drag reduction system ??

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Oxonian wrote:

Is that not part of the problem @Cleoriff, that there is such inconsistency in how surgeries operate even in the same town or city ?  

Yes @Oxonian 

We have surgeries in our town with 6-8 GP's. So many complaints from their patients. Problem is, they don't have to run to a particular system.

I wouldn't dream of changing my GP Practice. As there is only one DR, he has the autonomy as to how it runs. Luckily he is good and follows the rules (such as they are)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125579 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Drag reduction system ??

Yes @MI5  It could have been that. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit