cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is now closing down - it's official !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an active O2 webmail user for many years and during this time we have been told countless times that the O2 webmail service is closing down.   Despite this, I have CONTINUED to use the O2 webmail service.  Athough recently, I have experienced major time delays in getting my email.    I can still logon and send emails from my webmail address without any problem.    Yes, that's right.

However, all good things must end, so they say.    I have just received a message from The O2 Team confirming that the webmail service will be closing on Monday 20th June 2016.  

I am very pleased that O2 made the decision to write to all their webmail customers.   Which I can tell you is quite out of character for O2..    Usually we are kept completely in the dark.     Anyway, credit where it's due!

I shall be very sad to lose my webmail facilities and I have arranged to transfer all emails to SKY.   I am  hoping that the O2 forwarding service actually works.

Goodbye and good luck !

Fishtank.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 21 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 didn't tell me!!!  Service from O2 has deteriorated so much in recent times (since they sold off the home broadband). But the webmail shut down seems to coincide with a major problem that I've been getting with my o2 email seemingly hacked late June and my not being able to access the webmail to change my password.

Well the closure date was announced as the 20th June. So that's probably the reason you started having problems about that time?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 44

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Please send a pm to @Toby and he will look into it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous but in June 2013 you said you'd closed your account !

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/News-about-O2-s-Home-Broadband-and-Home-Phone-Service/m-p/490570#M6383

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 24 of 44

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 25 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Perhaps they closed the Sky broadband account....but kept O2 webmail? Confused

I know when Virgin took over NTL world...I never changed my email address (ntl) till a few years after.

By then we had left Virigin and moved to BT.......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 44

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've still got an ntl email.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

So has my eldest lad....(despite Ray telling him to change it) Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Better post a rant on their forum then LOL

I have 2 x Wanadoo addresses.....and I still use them !!.....I get very little spam on them even though I use them for online shopping.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 29 of 44

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No need or desire to change mine it's also linked to more accounts than I can remember.

Currently using:
Message 30 of 44