cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is now closing down - it's official !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an active O2 webmail user for many years and during this time we have been told countless times that the O2 webmail service is closing down.   Despite this, I have CONTINUED to use the O2 webmail service.  Athough recently, I have experienced major time delays in getting my email.    I can still logon and send emails from my webmail address without any problem.    Yes, that's right.

However, all good things must end, so they say.    I have just received a message from The O2 Team confirming that the webmail service will be closing on Monday 20th June 2016.  

I am very pleased that O2 made the decision to write to all their webmail customers.   Which I can tell you is quite out of character for O2..    Usually we are kept completely in the dark.     Anyway, credit where it's due!

I shall be very sad to lose my webmail facilities and I have arranged to transfer all emails to SKY.   I am  hoping that the O2 forwarding service actually works.

Goodbye and good luck !

Fishtank.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

So that's for definite now, it's gone and unfortunately those who were not notified will have lost anything stored in folders.

Message 41 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@NetworkNorm wrote:
The servers still do exist, at the moment. As I'm still able to send from my O2 email account, but not receive.

Which means the SMTP servers are (perhaps) still running but the POP servers have been shut down.......take the hint and stop using the webmail service.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 42 of 44

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not using it, I was just making the point that the servers are still up and allow the sending of email via POP3 / Webmail
Message 43 of 44

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To clarify my earlier post, I'm not actively using it but just noted I still have the ability to - but obviously not for much longer.
Message 44 of 44