cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is now closing down - it's official !

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an active O2 webmail user for many years and during this time we have been told countless times that the O2 webmail service is closing down.   Despite this, I have CONTINUED to use the O2 webmail service.  Athough recently, I have experienced major time delays in getting my email.    I can still logon and send emails from my webmail address without any problem.    Yes, that's right.

However, all good things must end, so they say.    I have just received a message from The O2 Team confirming that the webmail service will be closing on Monday 20th June 2016.  

I am very pleased that O2 made the decision to write to all their webmail customers.   Which I can tell you is quite out of character for O2..    Usually we are kept completely in the dark.     Anyway, credit where it's due!

I shall be very sad to lose my webmail facilities and I have arranged to transfer all emails to SKY.   I am  hoping that the O2 forwarding service actually works.

Goodbye and good luck !

Fishtank.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,  You all seem to have known about the closure of the O2 mail service for a while.  I did have 1 email ages ago but like most busy people forgot all about it.  I never used the web interface, just used it through Outlook.  Now I'm a bit screwed.  Can anyone make any suggestions how I could transfer my old email address to a new service or anything.  I've tried some of the links other users have put before but the links no longer work. Thanks in advance. J

Message 31 of 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Any transfers needed to be done before the service ended I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 44

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But using Outlook you'd have any emails saved on your computer.

What you can't do is re-direct your O2 email address to your new address.

Set up a Gmail address then with that, notify everybody that is using your O2 address.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 33 of 44

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Wouldn't you need access to the o2 server to set the redirect?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Yes, that's why I said a re-direct can't be done....AFAIK the O2 email servers no longer exist.

Using a new address to notify all contacts is the only option......but at least @Anonymous has all his important emails saved on computer and has all the contacts that have used the O2 address.

Message 35 of 44

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Ah sorry, misread your post.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 44

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
No prob.
Message 37 of 44

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The servers still do exist, at the moment. As I'm still able to send from my O2 email account, but not receive.
Message 38 of 44

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @NetworkNorm,

Please find another email provider to use asap and make sure anyone who emails you is aware of your new address. You may be able to see webmail message still, but this will not be long.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 39 of 44

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
The "servers" will remain for internal email but the external service has gone / is going.
No customers should still be attempting to use o2 email anymore for anything.

Currently using:
Message 40 of 44